We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is the best location to rent in St. Simon

New Jersey
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Where is the best location to rent in St. Simon

I am considering making a trip to St. Simon and was wondering where the best section of the island is to stay - nice beach, restaurants, etc. I am getting confused by the different locations I am reading about on VRBO. Thanks!! My main priority is a nice beach.

Saint Simons...
Level Contributor
696 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is the best location to rent in St. Simon

If you want a beach vacation, stay in the East Beach area. When you get closer to the Village along the east side there is not much of a beach at high tide. Also there are large condo complexes with amenities. If you like that go there or if not don't rent. Alot of people like the Coastal Cottages. They are on East beach, are close together, and have a Victorian style. They have been highlighted in several magazines. If you stay near the Village, then you can walk to shops, restaurants, lighthouse, etc. and drive to the beach. You did not mention the time of year you are coming, so that will be helpful.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
6,175 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is the best location to rent in St. Simon

We have stayed at a condo in the mid-island area around the marsh in the center of the island. Very convenient to just about everything unless you want to walk right out your door to the beach. Costs less than beachfront also.

3. Re: Where is the best location to rent in St. Simon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2013, 10:31
Get answers to your questions about Saint Simons Island