We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new sea island resort

New York
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Topic
new sea island resort

Has anyone been to the new Cloister hotel in Sea Island , GA? I hear that they are about to open the new spa and that the prices are going to skyrocket. They are also building a new beach club. I would love some feed back. Are they really building "Time Share" apartments???

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new sea island resort

Yes, I've been and it's amazing. No, there are not "Time Share' apts. there. The spa services have always been expensive. The new spa facility is among the best in the world. The decor resulting from the renovation is better than anything I've seen from a hotel. The new beach club is scheduled to open July 4th, 2007. Once that opens, it'll probably be the coolest place on earth.

London, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: new sea island resort

Yes I agree (I work at The Lodge at Sea Island) the new Spa is amazing, at 65,000 sqf it will soon be competing to be one of the best Spas in the world. The new beach club is also coming along nicely, they were originally hoping to open the new Beach Club for the 4th July weekend but I think they are now planning to open July 9th. The prices have always been expensive at the new Cloister but its what can be expected at this level of hotel. I understand that the old beach club will be turned in to apartments, etc but I do not think they will be Timeshare.

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new sea island resort

We are thinking of going there, what is the best time to go for good temperature and least kids please?

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,797 posts
1,209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: new sea island resort

i hope they still host the friday night seafood buffet. it was grand as everything on sea island from golf to accomadations have always been.

London, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: new sea island resort

As far as I know they still have the Plantation Supper on a Friday.

As for the good weather and and not too many children... It all depends on where you want to stay, if you stay at The Lodge then you will find mainly couples that stay here for golf and also you get businesses that stay here, not very many children stay here though (you get some older tennagers and children who play golf) as most activities for them are located at or near The Cloister.

The Cloister is more of a family resort with lots of kids, you have the beach club near as well as many activities for the children so most people with kids stay at The Cloister. But I guess the best time to go to the Cloister is when the children go back to school, the best time to go to the Lodge is anythime really.

The weather this time of the year is ridiculous, in the 90's with very high humidity make it feel much hotter than it really is. From June to September it is like this, from September it cools down....slightly!

South Carolina
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: new sea island resort

I do not like the new beach club at all. It has lost all of it's charm to make way for showiness. I do not think we will be returning but am looking for a similiar type place (the old place) along the east coast. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,797 posts
1,209 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: new sea island resort

we are headed down there next week for a golf/beach vacation and will report back findings. we've always looked forward to being there in the past so we're hoping this visit is as much fun.

8. Re: new sea island resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 22:16
Get answers to your questions about Sea Island