We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours to Stone Mountain From Atlanta

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
9 posts
352 reviews
Save Topic
Tours to Stone Mountain From Atlanta

I will be in Atlanta (staying in a Hyatt in Buckhead) in April, but would like to visit Stone Mountain for a day as I am really into mountain carvings (been to Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse already). However, I will not have transport to Stone Mountain.

I've searched to determine if anyone offers one day trips with hotel pick-up in Atlanta to Stone Mountain, but have had not luck so far. Anyone know of any bus tours or other services?

If not, any idea of cost to take Taxi to and from?

Suggestions? Renting a car is not a option.

Mentioned in this post
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
Buckhead
Buckhead
410 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
2 replies to this topic
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,072 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours to Stone Mountain From Atlanta

I am not aware of any tours. Although it involves some walking, it is possible to reach Stone Mountain by MARTA. You would take the train to the Avondale Estates station and then catch the 121 bus, which drops off in the city of Stone Mountain, about ½ mile from the Park’s West Gate. You can plan that journey here:

www.itsmarta.com

You can calculate taxi fare here: www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Atlanta

You can also do a combo of the 2, taking the train to Avondale Estates and then taking a cab to Stone Mountain. It might take longer, but would save money.

Edited: 18 December 2013, 17:05
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,072 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours to Stone Mountain From Atlanta

I did the math:

MARTA only: $2.50 (takes 1:50 plus walk to park)

MARTA train + taxi - $30 est with tip (since this travels about the same path the bus would travel, just without all the stops, I'm not sure it's worth the $$)

Taxi from hotel = est. $50 with tip if traffic isn't heavy

Edited: 18 December 2013, 17:13
Reply to: Tours to Stone Mountain From Atlanta
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stone Mountain