We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

with KLM to Kilimanjaro

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
930 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
with KLM to Kilimanjaro

I have just booked a flight with KLM via Amsterdam and Nairobi to JRO for next March and I am particularly interested in the inbound leg because the final part (between NBO and JRO) is operated by Precision Air:

does somebody know if my luggage will still be checked through or do I have to pick it up and check it in again (and pass through customs and immigration) in NBO?

thanks

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
267 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: with KLM to Kilimanjaro

You should be thru checked. Make sure u have a yellow fever certificate.

Guangzhou, China
Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: with KLM to Kilimanjaro

Yellow fever certificate very important; as for checking all you have to do is transfer since your flight is inter-connected.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,599 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: with KLM to Kilimanjaro

Assume all written as one ticket, so you deplane the KL flight at NBO, check the board for gate to PW flight to JRO and just walk over and wait to board ongoing.

Your bags should have been tagged thru to JRO, but be sure on checkin in the States or Europe/AMS you verify the luggage tags for the correct air carrier, flight # and destinations.

No Visa required for Kenya as you will be a 'transit' passenger.

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
930 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: with KLM to Kilimanjaro

ok, I should have asked more precisely: what I wanted to know is if anybody around here has in fact BEEN on this very flight! I know the theory behind it but after having travelled to africa for almost two dozens times I know theories sometimes don't work out there

thanks

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
864 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: with KLM to Kilimanjaro

4sandy, we have a similar situation and wonder if you can help here also. Theory is good enough.

We are going from JRO to Nairobi on Precision, changing to Kenya Airline going to Livingstone Zambia. I took for granted we had to recheck luggage. Not so?

nyc
Level Contributor
14,599 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: with KLM to Kilimanjaro

Usually if all segments booked as a single ticket, bags should be thru-checked. If not, then it's likely you have to collect at NBO for checkin to Lusaka. The airline should provide best info, but then who ever knows. Hope you have sufficient time between flights in case you have to collect/recheck.

7. Re: with KLM to Kilimanjaro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Arusha Region