We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip to Tarangire NP

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
71 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trip to Tarangire NP

I had posted some questions earlier regarding visiting Zanzibar. Upon leaving Zanzibar, I still have a few days to kill before I have to return to Turkey and so I was thinking of flying Coastal Aviation from Zanzibar to Arusha and then doing a day tour to Tarangire NP. One question:

1. Can most hotels in Arusha organize a day trip to Tarangire or is this something that needs to be organized in advance through a safari operator?

2. Do most hotels in Arusha pick up at the airport or do I have to take a taxi to my hotel?

3. Can someone recommend a good quality hotel in Arusha?

Thanks.

1. Re: Day Trip to Tarangire NP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 August 2014, 03:37
Edited: 29 August 2014, 03:37
Nashville, Tennessee
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip to Tarangire NP

I stayed in New Arusha Hotel and it was nice stay, you may check out with them. I know hotels do arrange airport transfers but for a day trip to Tarangire they will link you with a tour operator.

Edited: 29 August 2014, 11:22
State College, Pa
Level Contributor
795 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trip to Tarangire NP

Africa Tulip is nice place and is right next to hq for Roy Safaris for consideration of day trip to Tarangire. Actually, the family owning Roys also owns the Tulip. If you can swing the time, spend an overnight in the park particularly if only time on safari. Why rush the experience?

Bristol
Level Contributor
2,951 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Trip to Tarangire NP

We stayed at Ahadi lodge in Arusha. A nice quiet oasis from the busy town. Nice pool and good food. The owner Erica can arrange airport pick ups and also day trips to variety of places including Tarangire. Erica is always on hand to sort out anything you want. a nice family run hotel.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Uganda
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Trip to Tarangire NP

I'm with #3 above- if you can, definitely stay in the park- it'd be a shame to rush Tarangire.

If you're really restricted to only one day, you're going to spend a good bit of time on the road getting to Tarangire and back, especially as you can only drive during daylight hours. Though Tarangire is one of my favourite parks in Africa, I'd be inclined to cut it and spend a whole day in Arusha National Park instead.

Alexandra Matts- Travel Director- Extraordinary Africa

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Day Trip to Tarangire NP

As you book accommodation they will arrange a pick up and drop off, but also there a bus shuttle from the airport to Arusha. It only depends on what time you are landing. It takes 0230hrs drive from Arusha to Tarangire park. Another option any TOs will pick up/drop off if you will book such a day trip from any TOs.

Name of the hotel s. African Tulip, Palace hotel, Arusha crown hotel, New Arusha and Impala hotel

Edited: 30 August 2014, 08:31
7. Re: Day Trip to Tarangire NP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2015, 05:16