We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family, 25-30, on beach

Which Tybee Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, IN
1 post
Save Topic
Family, 25-30, on beach

I put together a family vacation every 2 years. This is generally for about 25-30 people, from infants to 80’s. I am looking for a house or houses on the beach with a total of at least 11-12 bedrooms. Last year we had 2 houses next door to each other, on the beach at Nags Head, NC. We are looking for either the week of June 7-14, 14-21 or the 21-28, 2008. I’m starting early because I’ve learned my lesson from past disappointments. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Phila, PA
Level Contributor
58 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family, 25-30, on beach

Are you definately planning a trip to Tybee for your group? Personally, I would plan another trip to the Outer Banks but maybe try a little further south, like Cape Hatteras for variety. We love it there! Dont get me wrong, I like Tybee, and my teenagers LOVE it but I dont think there's a whole lot to choose from if you want something on the beach, unless you are prepared to rent a bunch of Condos in one complex. We stayed in one that has elevator access and was located on the south end of Tybee on the beach (except you had to cross a parking area). We were right in the middle of everything and could walk to restaurants and little shops. It's good that your planning early.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family, 25-30, on beach

Hi Pineglen - we are doing the exact same thing for 25-30 people, but in October. I contacted Stacey at oceanfrontcottages.com for suggestions, as well as Anna at tybeevacationrentals.com, and I am also looking at the rentals by owner on tybeeislandonline.com.

You would probably like "Yellowfin" - google "tybee yellowfin" - or "Captain's Lady," from Stacey, which has a couple of nice places next door or across the street (but booked for our weekend). Good luck, and let me know how you go about choosing BRs and charging for them. I'm going crazy figuring out a fair way that accommodates rich folks, poor folks, big families, individuals, etc.

3. Re: Family, 25-30, on beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 19:19