We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would fun loving 50 yr old women find Tybee a fit

northwest
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Would fun loving 50 yr old women find Tybee a fit

I am already planning my next gals getaway even though we just got back from a wonderful trip to Orange beach, Fl.( We loved the Flora-Bama roadhouse) I have been thinking of Tybee for years. We love good food, beach, a bit of shopping, and to go out dancing and having drinks. would we find places that we could go and not be way older than the rest of the crowd?

Thnk you!

Athens, GA
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Would fun loving 50 yr old women find Tybee a fit

The cool thing about Tybee is that incredible mix of different types of people who have a blast together here. You find young alternative types hanging out in the bars with millionaire retirees. You would have a blast at Tybee. The bars downtown are very friendly. Tybee is completely laid back and you and your girlriends will have a blast.

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Would fun loving 50 yr old women find Tybee a fit

I think savannah/tybee/hilton head are all IDEAL places for us mature adults to vacation. Just realize that it is quite different from Florida -- way more laid-back, which is a good thing. I no longer enjoy sitting in traffic behind an endless sea of drunk teenagers who are trying to pick up chicks (florida), when i am on vacation. When we do go to florida, we prefer the Palm Beach/Keys area for the same reasons.

northwest
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Would fun loving 50 yr old women find Tybee a fit

Thank you so much for the info. Sounds like our kinda place. I am ready to start planning already.

Thanks again

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
64 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Would fun loving 50 yr old women find Tybee a fit

You might also enjoy taking excursions to Savannah as there are more restaurants/bars there. To me, Tybee is more of a family vacation kind of place vs a place I would go with girlfriends, but if we stayed on the beach all day and went into Savannah at night, it would be fun.

5. Re: Would fun loving 50 yr old women find Tybee a fit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 08:20
Get answers to your questions about Tybee Island
Recent Conversations