We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Song

Pennellville, New...
Level Contributor
228 posts
265 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Song

The info on Ocean Song at Beach Side Colony is lacking. I know the Tybee forum folks are "in the know". Why can't I find reviews that I need? Are the Tybee forum contributors really in the dark? I WON'T believe it. Somebody has to have the "low down"on this place. I'm thinking of renting for 4 nights in April. The website looks great, but the locals would really know. Looks like there's a "resort fee". Sounds like b.s. to me.I guess what I'm really asking is, "Is this place worth $180.00 per night/Plus cleaning,plus resort fees?" I want to be on the water. It's just me and my the wife. If it's decent, it looks like a good value. PLEASE ADVISE.V

Mentioned in this post
Tybee Island
Tybee Island
Georgia Coast, GA
atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Song

No, the tybee contributors arent in the dark, but you have to realize that people who live in tybee wouuld not stay in the accomodations there, no more than you stay in hotels in syracuse, since you have a home there. I believe this property has had a recent name change, which is why you are having difficulty finding reviews. Try searching Beach Colony Resort.

I have noticed resort fees at other hotels, it is basically a surcharge or tax that helps recoup the profit they lose through internet bidding. There was a time when all rooms were rented at a speciific rate, now those rates are all over the board (as much as 50% off).

2. Re: Ocean Song

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 08:21