We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tybee Island Fishing

Level Contributor
47 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Tybee Island Fishing

I will be visiting the island in late June with the family (2 kids ages 11 and 5) and wanted to do some inshore charter fishing...does anyone have any suggestions for family friendly charters?

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tybee Island Fishing

I just noticed you had posted this question here. I answered it on the Savannah page.

If you are going to be staying on the island the fishing from the pier is picking up. That may give you some more fishing time. If you need bait or tackle while you are down there give Tybee bait and Tackle a try. They are right after the bridge pass fort pulaski. He is a good guy who will give you good advice.

If you decide to fish the peir let me give you some advice if you are using dead shrimp. Spend a couple of dollars more and buy food grade shrimp not the heads on bait shrimp. If you want eat it then the fish are not going to be to interested.

Good luck and have fun.

2. Re: Tybee Island Fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2009, 06:24
Get answers to your questions about Tybee Island