We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice, easy Tybee fix!

Which Tybee Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
3,693 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Nice, easy Tybee fix!

This may have been on this message board before but I am stuck here in COLD RAW Massachusetts getting a fantastic Tybee Island fix by watching the movie "The Last Song". Not an Oscar winner but it sure is great to see sooooo many shots of wonderful Tybee Island!! What a joy!

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice, easy Tybee fix!

Never seen the movie. Thank god I don't live in the cold country like you. My Tybee fix is a 10 minute drive. The weather this morning was in the low 30's and already in the 70's. All looks good for the week to come.

To add a comment someone purchased the chapel from the movie and has moved it. They are expanding it and setting it up for a wedding chapel. If I was to get married at Tybee it would be on the beach

John

Boston
Level Contributor
3,693 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice, easy Tybee fix!

Oh wow, I wondered where that chapel was! We've ridden all over TYB and I never saw it. Was it always on Tybee?

Hey, no kidding about the weather. FYI- we bought a house on Wilmington Island and plan to move down in about 5 years so hey, we'll be living the great life soon enough and be out of this cold (snow on the ground this morning south of Boston, yuck!)

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice, easy Tybee fix!

I am not kidding about the weather. Now in Savannah we have some cold to us days but nothing like you have. I have always said if you don't like the winter weather here in Savannah just give it a couple of hours and it will change. It can be freezing in the morning and shirt sleeves by noon.

The chruch has not always been on Tybee. It was a stage prop built for the movie on a vacant lot near the back river and the resturant back there. I cannot think of the name right now. If you know where you turn off of Butler to go to the ocean pier it is the opposite direction. The building was purchase and moved to a new location. It has been lifted up above the flood level and some additions have been done. A few weeks ago there was still a lot of work to do on the building. The new location is highway 80 just passed the kayak shop. It is across from where you turn to go to the campground and the big red boat propeller.

John

Boston
Level Contributor
3,693 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice, easy Tybee fix!

Thanks John, just got back to this site today. I will look for the church on our next trip back!

5. Re: Nice, easy Tybee fix!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2011, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Tybee Island
Recent Conversations