We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry to Little Tybee

Ferry to Little Tybee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2012, 20:29
Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry to Little Tybee

No ferry or water taxi exists. Cheapest bet may be to rent a kayak. Nice paddling in the back river as a side benefit.

2. Re: Ferry to Little Tybee

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2012, 20:29
Boston
Level Contributor
3,884 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry to Little Tybee

I can't swim either but go with a guide and you will be fine. They give you a lifejacket anyway and the channel over to the island is not deep. Its WELL worth the trip. Send me a PM and I will try to remember to look up the name of the kayak group on Rt 80 that we went over with.

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry to Little Tybee

The back river is very calm and slow, with a life jacket you would be safe. It is maybe a 15 minute paddle from the south end of Tybee to little Tybee.

I bet you could call a few marinas and find someone who would run you over there and pick you up in a day or two foe a reasonable fee. Tybee is a pretty friendly place.

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,447 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry to Little Tybee

If the kayak is out of the question you can always checck with Capt. Elizabeth. I think she ferries people to little Tybee. There is another person who I saw that does coastal marsh tours and trips to little Tybee. Give North Beach Kayak a call (they have a website), Mr. Parrish should be able to hook you up with somebody.

6. Re: Ferry to Little Tybee

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 15 December 2012, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Tybee Island
Recent Conversations