We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orange Crush "report"- HORRIBLE

Which Tybee Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
3,642 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Orange Crush "report"- HORRIBLE

Just back from our most recent vacation on Tybee which we do at least once a year, loving every minute of it- well almost. This year, we found out about the Orange Crush event right before we left Boston to come down.

Pure disaster. We stayed on 2nd Ave starting last Sat evening and were not happy to find that cottages around ours were rented out to these disrespectful kids who partied hardy till at least 3 AM. Luckily the thing ended Sunday. Our game plan was taking Jones Ave over to our cottage to avoid some of the traffic which was a good move. But curiosity got the better of us early Sat evening and we decided to follow the roar of the noise over to our beloved Pavilion and it was a nightmare. Thousands of drunk kids leaving trash everywhere. The trash barrels were full and maybe they should have been emptied more often but the trash was virtually everywhere. There were no signs of the usual families who come to the beach for good reason. Just one big dirty drunk fest. After a poor night's sleep that Sat night, We got out of town early Sunday morning to go into the HD and didn't try to come back till late Sunday afternoon. By then, fortunately, the beaches and Tybrisa were clean again and things were peaceful.

Really, there has got to be a way to do what a friend of ours called 'crowd management" to get these party animals to clean up after themselves. The rental agencies or private cottage owners should NOT be renting to these kids either IMHO and I can only imagine what condition some of those cottages were left in.

Enough said, I know its a pretty heated topic on the island but I hope that new visitors will try to keep track of the usual dates this thing happens on so they can avoid coming that weekend. Even renting from a Sunday through Thursday would help quite a bit. TI is fantastic, just pick your visiting times carefully!

Atlanta, Georgia
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Orange Crush "report"- HORRIBLE

They don't call it the redneck rivera for nothing!!!

Boston
Level Contributor
3,642 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orange Crush "report"- HORRIBLE

Sorry Tim but as I already said, there are many of us non rednecks who love and enjoy visiting Tybee. I just now know to avoid that weekend. But don't trash the whole island please

3. Re: Orange Crush "report"- HORRIBLE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 10:17