We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North, Mid or South?

Which Tybee Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Southcentral PA
Level Contributor
4 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
North, Mid or South?

My sister and I are considering renting a Mermaid Cottage on the island for our parents for their 40th Wedding Anniversary. Which location is best - North Beach, Mid Island or South Beach?

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North, Mid or South?

They like quiet, partying and people watching or a little of both? North is quiet, south is the kids and the crowds, you could walk to either from the middle.

I am talking about along the beach, mid Island may mean several blocks from the beach which is not bad, just different.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,611 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North, Mid or South?

Also, North requires driving to any stores assuming you are close to the beach so if they like walking to numerous restaurants, like (mediocre) gift/souvenier shops and/or want to pick up simple groceries then the South side is "better". I still don't know the area quite well enough to know what mid island refers to but if they tell you its near the Desoto Beach Hotel, then that area is close to a convenience store or two and one fabulous restaurant (Sunday Cafe) but its not particularly attractive IMHO.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North, Mid or South?

I second the above. The S end seems to be more fun unless your folks like it quiet. I hope they enjoy their trip.

4. Re: North, Mid or South?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2013, 05:46