We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoveround/scooter rental?

Which Tybee Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Plattsmouth...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Hoveround/scooter rental?

Hi our family of 5 adults will be visting Tybee in October. I was wondering if anyone has heard of places that rent those Hoveround scooter things? Or in Savannah? My Dad is 70 years old and has MS and walking has become very difficult for him lately. He is able to walk but stumbles and falls sometimes and we would appreciate any ideas or suggestions to make his vacation more enjoyable. (We will be celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary).

Thanks a lot!

Boston
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hoveround/scooter rental?

Congrats on the big anniversary! I don't recall seeing such a thing in my many visits to Tybee but I do seem to think that they rent small golf carts near the Sunday Cafe restaurant, on the right of Rt 80 as you come onto Tybee. If you don't get a response, I would suggest you call either the Desoto Beach Hotel or the Sunday (Sundae?) Cafe on Tybee and ask them if they know the name of the golf cart rental place. People are super friendly and helpful there. If no luck, send me a PM and I will try to find the name and phone number of a friend of mine who I occasionally see when I visit there. She works in that area and might know of something.

Plattsmouth...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hoveround/scooter rental?

Thank you! I found a place in Savannah called Savannah Mobility Sales or something. Can you drive golf carts on roads there?

Plattsmouth...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hoveround/scooter rental?

Thank you! I found a place in Savannah called Savannah Mobility Sales or something. Can you drive golf carts on roads on Tybee?

Plattsmouth...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hoveround/scooter rental?

Thank you! I found a place in Savannah called Savannah Mobility Sales or something. Can you drive golf carts on roads on Tybee?

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hoveround/scooter rental?

You can rent golf carts here that you can drive on the roads. the city has specific requirements for a flashing light etc, so best to rent it here.

Plattsmouth...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hoveround/scooter rental?

That might work better. Thanks.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hoveround/scooter rental?

I would double check the existance of the mobility place. There was a place on Bay Street in the downtown area and on my last trip I saw that it was gone. No idea if it went elsewhere?

8. Re: Hoveround/scooter rental?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 02:15