We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in early March

Which Tybee Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lawrenceville...
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in early March

What's the weather really like the first week or so in March? Looking at the averages, it seems like it'll be warm enough to sit out on the beach, but too cold to go in the water... Thoughts? And is it pretty chilly at night? Is this a bad time to visit Tybee?

Boston
Level Contributor
3,642 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in early March

Weather will be Spring there- too cold for the water I think but you could have some pretty wonderful walking the beach days. What is chilly to you? I would look at weather maps and see the trends by month (historical trends) before deciding that you do or don't like the temp. I wouldn't hesitate to go then. The only issue might be that some of the touristy restaurants may or may not have opened for the season.

Secondly, check to see if anyone knows if Orange Crush weekend will occur while you are there. I think it is usually in April and we "experienced" it last April when we were there for a week. Just awful so do research that a little bit. It's a local college student drunk-fest and things get very messy for about 36 hours.

Buchtel, OH
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in early March

Our family went in early March last year for 4-5 days. The weather was nice enough (mostly in the low 70's )for all except for 1 day. It was nice for sitting on the beach and playing in the sand. The water was way too cold for my taste but my husband and 2 yo daughter got in a few times. As far as night time a light sweater or sweatshirt was appropriate. It was not crowded at all and there were no jellyfish that time of year. There were however sand dollars :) We were thinking of going in April this year so thanks for the heads up about Orange Crush.

Edited: 21 February 2013, 20:06
3. Re: Weather in early March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2014, 06:16