We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place for oysters in December

Which Tybee Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
35 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Best place for oysters in December

Going to Tybee for New Year's, we would love to get advice from locals on the best place to eat local oysters at this time of year. Thanks.

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place for oysters in December

The best are the oyster roast at home. Most all of the oysters you will get around here are the gulf coast oysters. I can not think of a digger for oysters for sale in Savannah. There is a calm company. The local oysters around here are the Bluffton SC oysters. These oysters are smaller and you will taste more salt in them. They are good eating oysters. However they are not the larger single oyster but the smaller cluster oyster. This time of year most anyplace that has seafood will have oysters. The crab shack has them raw and steamed.

Good luck

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
35 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place for oysters in December

Thank you John144. We would love to try some Bluffton oysters!

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place for oysters in December

The Bluffton are my favorite for stew. The fish markets will usually have them in the shell to roast but most resturants don't serve them on the half shell since they are smaller and not typically singles.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
35 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place for oysters in December

We've read about oyster roasts at Marlin Monroe's & at Coco's Sunset Grill, have you been to either of these?

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place for oysters in December

I have not been to either. I hear MM is good.

6. Re: Best place for oysters in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2014, 06:21