We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timeshares at tybrisa or other

Which Tybee Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Topic
Timeshares at tybrisa or other

Does anyone owns timeshare and if so if they can share some information how they like it etc pleasr

Alpena, Michigan
Level Contributor
257 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Timeshares at tybrisa or other

We own a timeshare at Tybrisa Beach Resort and have since 2004. It was our first timeshare purchase and it was a bit scary going into it but all has been good. We love Tybee Island and Savannah and that is where we want to go every summer for the week we have purchased. We had been vacationing in the Tybee/Savannah area since 1999 and the cost of a simple hotel room in the historic district was just getting too expensive with nothing more than a simple hotel room. We stayed at Tybrisa for a weekend one summer and fell in love with the resort. There has been so many wonderful improvements at Tybrisa since we purchased our unit, so each and every summer we go back we find something that has been improved upon to make our stay so worthwhile. The staff and management are great and we can't wait to go back each and every summer.

Financially we have found it to be so much to our advantage versus a hotel room or VRBO. We were paying up to $18/$1900 for a week in the historic district and for the cost of our annual maintenance fee (1/4 of the hotel) we have two bedrooms/bathrooms in a fully stocked condo unit that has a great balcony facing the ocean as well as a great pool.

Sorry for the long reply, but we love it and think it is more than worthwhile.

Were you looking into buying a timeshare?

Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Timeshares at tybrisa or other

Yes we are. We been going to tybee for last 4 years and always stayed in ocean plaza.

Right now they only have August avaiable

Is july better than august

Alpena, Michigan
Level Contributor
257 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Timeshares at tybrisa or other

Everyone has their own opinion on the best time of the year. We are from Northern Michigan and we go to Tybrisa the 2nd week of August each year. To me the temps aren't much than July but sometimes August seems to have a bit more rain. If it gets too hot during the day where we can't walk around Savannah or just feeling too hot to do anything, we relax and enjoy the pool, sometimes the ocean and sometime just drive around and enjoy our time there. We've been going for 10 years now and have all plans on going again in Aug 2014

I hope that somewhat answers your question. Another thing to keep in mind is that many times you will see a Tybrisa Timeshare for sale on Ebay...even rentals sometime...at a much reduced cost than what the association charges but you do have to be careful and check out the seller so you don't get burned. If you buy directly from Tybrisa, you have 100% assurance that all will be handled appropriately.

Good Luck in whatever you decide to do. Hope I"ve been some help in a small way

Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Timeshares at tybrisa or other

Thank you. I sm also concerned about annual fees. Right now they are st about 550$ but is there any caps on the lomit they can raise these fees?

Alpena, Michigan
Level Contributor
257 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Timeshares at tybrisa or other

No there is not a cap on what they can raise the fees to, but we have been owners for going on 10 years now and the maint. fees are within $100 of what they were when we first bought there. But we and many others also feel that those maint fees have greatly improved the benefits of staying there. Also, we have yet to find a basic hotel room in the historic district of Savannah or even on Tybee Island for the little we pay for the maint. fees. I guess the other thing I could say is that there are no other charges to your stay for your specific week except those annual maint fees. So right now we are staying from Sat morning till the following Saturday for the cost of those annual maint fees.

Again, hope that helps

Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Timeshares at tybrisa or other

Thank you so much.

Is tybrisa only timeshare for purchase on tybee. Week we want (any time mid july to second week of august) is not avaiable

Alpena, Michigan
Level Contributor
257 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Timeshares at tybrisa or other

I don't know if Tybrisa is the only timeshare purchase on the island, but I believe so...however them and many others do rent the timeshares or condos for the week. I do know that many times you can find the rentals on ebay when people don't want to use their timeshare for a given week.

Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Timeshares at tybrisa or other

Yes we love Tybee too but only thing stoping me to purchase timeshare is the fear that one year they can say maintance fee is 1500$ a year.

Alpena, Michigan
Level Contributor
257 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Timeshares at tybrisa or other

which is about the amount it would cost for a hotel room for that same time frame on Tybee or the historic district....which I"m sure that price would go up as time goes on also. Right now on Ebay (under the search of tybrisa) there is a unit at Tybrisa with the opening bid at $1 and it's for week 28 each summer.

Regardless of what you would end up doing, enjoy Tybee

Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Timeshares at tybrisa or other

When i search it doesnt show anything. Can you paste the link here please