We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting condos

Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Topic
Renting condos

When you renting condo is it stocked with plates utensils etc. This us first time we renting just wanted some more info beside whats on rental unit web site

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
12,793 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting condos

yes

Alpena, Michigan
Level Contributor
262 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting condos

We rent a condo/timeshare every year, in fact we are there now, at Tybrisa Beach Resort across from the pier on Tybee. Everything is stocked and the only thing we need to bring is the food we'd like to eat and paper plates. They do supply everything else.

Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting condos

Yes i know that condo. I think its right next to ocean plaza hotel

We were even looking at purchasing time share at tybrisa. We should be there on Saturday. How is the weather and are there big crouds on the beach

Alpena, Michigan
Level Contributor
262 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renting condos

Even though school has started down here, there is a fair amount of people on the beach since the weather is beautiful. The beach has been steady since we arrived on Saturday except when some pretty good rains came in for a couple of those days and everyone scattered until the rains quit. Right now the temps are near 90 but it looks as if next week could have a few days in the mid 90's with the usual possibility of rain/thunder in the afternoon.

Tybrisa has not been that busy this week but the pool is comfortable. We love coming to Tybrisa and have for about 10 years now. If the purchase of a time share is of interest, either Robert, Toni or the manager Gregory can answer all your questions. They have done a very good job with the upgrades and the overall appearance of the resort and I think that if you have never stayed here before, you would like it and it would be worth checking out.

And yes, it is right next to Ocean Plaza and every unit here has a balcony with a great view of the ocean...

Do enjoy and I hope I gave you a little bit of help.

Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Renting condos

Thanks so much for response

I was looking at weather network next week and some of the icons showing rain and sun at same time. We are from ontario and believe me we need sun here. Right now it is 64.5 here. So those icons on weather network got me worried that next week it will all be rain and no sunbathing at all.

I loved tybee and regarding timeshares at tybresa i was just worried about condo fees which right now is close to $600. I don't know if there is a limit how much they can raise those fees every year.

Do they still rent beach chairs and umbrellas at the beach?

Thank you so much for your replies

Alpena, Michigan
Level Contributor
262 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renting condos

Well we are from Northern Michigan near the Mackinaw Bridge so we also look forward to the sun and the heat.

As far as maint. fees....we bought here (at a very reasonable price from someone on ebay actually) in 2004 and at that time the fees were around $490. Since then, they have been very financially responsible in how and what they've done because there has been almost 1.5 million in upgrades (and it shows) and our fees have only gone up about $80 or so per year. We used to stay in the historic district of Savannah, and then at a hotel here on Tybee, but they were as expensive if not more than what it costs to RENT at Tybrisa, which is almost $1800 for a week, where we pay a mere $570 or so for a weeks usage. To me there was no comparison and the way my wife and I see it, even if the fees double (which I cannot see happening at all), it's still cheaper than a hotel room for a week, without all the extras we have besides the 2 bedroom/2 bathroom fully furnished unit. That's just my thoughts on that because I know a lot of people are concerned with the maint fees, we are too but look at them a bit differently than most.

As far as weather, no one can predict it that accurately but the mix of sun and clouds is accurate for part of each day it seems. There is usually more sun that clouds but again, it seems most afternoons there is a shower and then its' done. The thing is, you may want to sunbathe but as far as getting sunburned or tanned, trust me (from previous experience), you can get an awful bad sunburn on a cloudy day...been there...done that.

Also, they do still rent beach chairs, umbrellas etc. on the beach as someone is always down there with there stuff.

Again, hopefully we are providing some decent info to you. If you stay here, maybe email back and let us know your thoughts. It would be interesting getting your feedback on how you felt it was.

Enjoy your vacation

Naperville
Level Contributor
404 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Renting condos

Based on our experience with numerous rentals, if you rent a condo/townhouse/house that is managed by the owner and you are dealing directly with that person, then it will be well stocked. But if the owner is letting a management company handle it, then it may not be well stocked. This is just our observation over the years.

Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Renting condos

Everything is great. Weather has been good

Yesterday we had storm in the afternoon that made everyone run. Umbrellas were flying everywhere but after couple hours we were back at the beach

9. Re: Renting condos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Tybee Island
Recent Conversations