We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
78 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants

any restaurant ideas for the area. I've got a few from the forum: Westside drive in, donnie macs and cottonwood grill. any other ideas? That are not a chain and not real expensive. On a budget.

What are the ale houses like? noticed a few.

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
78 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: restaurants

we are renting a car. but we are okay with the basic wines. don't need anything major. One of my favorites is Fetzer. Or even some of the wines that do not have sulfites(organic). We really can't afford $20 for a bottle of wine. I just wasn't sure if Idaho has wine and all the goodies at the local grocery.

What is the local grocery in Idaho? And is there one near our hotel? Park Center Springhill Suites? thanks for all the help

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
160 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: restaurants

There is probably an Albertson's out by Park Center. I think the headquarters is right there. There is certainly on in town as you go by that new government building. The one way street. Ack! I have GOT to get back there!

Yes, Idaho wines are not good. Before I found myself breaking out in hives, I enjoyed Australian shiraz. And the Boise co-op is the absolute best place for picnic food and wine. It's at 8th and Fort, I think.

How about Bardenay? They distill their own liquors. I haven't been there in ages. It's down by Goldie's, the Basque center, the spot where the hockey team plays.

I'm headed East tomorrow to a funeral. I'm clicking my heels together, eyes closed, wishing it were Monday.

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
5,145 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: restaurants

Hi

depends which street you take to hotel

there is an Albertson's on Vista and Overland near airport

Broadway and Beacon west side of park center

park center and apple east side of park center.

there is a huge Winco at 1 block west of Broadway and Myrtle

all within 1 to 2 miles of your hotel.

if you want hard liquor you have to go to state liquor store

the closest one to you is on South Broadway

Idaho wines aren't that bad. LOL

Idaho
Level Contributor
548 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: restaurants

I didn't realize that some states do not sell wine at groceries.

I was in MS this summer and found out that you can not purchase

wine in groceries there, only in liquor stores. Thank goodness you

can get it her in grocery stores. I hate going to liquor stores!

We often pick up our wine at Costco. The prices are better.

Jannel, I forgot about Louie's!! We haven't been to the one in

Meridian, but went to the one downtown often. Sorry it closed up.

I'm not too picky about restaurants. I enjoy eating out just about anywhere. That means I don't have to cook!

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
78 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: restaurants

Yes, there are some states that do not sale wine in grocery stores. Pennsylvania is one. Probably one of the reasons we moved. LOL

And I think TN is another one. Not real sure on that.

We really don't drink hard liquor. It is so true, as you get older the less you can handle;)

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,029 posts
459 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: restaurants

you will find that the boise coop is just a few minutes further than albertsons...and the goodies for the room,,,yummy. i love to have eats for the room.

for resturants, go down town and check them out . go to redfeatherlounge.com and take a peek. enjoy

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
78 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: restaurants

I looked up Red feather but it did not give a menu. Is there another site that I am missing?

We also love goodies for the room. I typically bring our own coffee for the room and then we purchase some fruit.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,029 posts
459 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: restaurants

oh, i forgot to tell you. on broadway, a bit from the freeway (you go down that street to the hotel), there is a produce stand on the left...yummy. i got 3 kinds of peaches, that make me salivate right now, for 99cents a pound and tomatoes, too...a bag for a dollar, and i cannot describe how they tasted. organic mayo, bread from the coop and who needs dinner???enjoy

Boise ID
Level Contributor
19 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: restaurants

I will second the one poster....I am not a Cottonwood grill fan either.

My Faves:

BBQ - Goodwood

Fancy - Gamekeeper

Chinese - Yen Chings

Steak house - Jakers

Tavern- Bown's crossing or Tablerock(greatmicrobrews) or Bardenays(great cocktails)

30. Re: restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 12:20