We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

should i stay a night in Boise or go straight to Sun Valley?

Which Boise hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Palm Beach...
3 posts
Save Topic
should i stay a night in Boise or go straight to Sun Valley?

we are headed out to boise feb 1st. our rental does not open until the 2nd. We are tossed between stayen the night in boise and looking for some fun then headed out to sun valley or should we head straight to sun valleyy for the week?please give us some insight. i sould add we are all between 25 and 30

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
4,687 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: should i stay a night in Boise or go straight to Sun Valley?

HI

what time does your flight get into Boise ?

It is only a 3 or 4 hr drive to Sun Valley depending upon weather.

but sometimes they do shut the road "interstate 84 "down for a while if have major snow event." blizzard or black ice"

If you get in early enough you can still head up to Boise ski hill to warm up for the steep and deep of Sun Valley Boise's hill "Bogus Basin" has night skiing open until 9.pm

or just chill at the many bars and restuarants downtown.

I would spend the night in Boise if you can't get into your rental

you have to sleep somewhere Boise would probably have more available rooms at a cheaper price than sun valley

do the price line bid thing that charley recommends for good rate.

what ever you decide have a great trip.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,385 posts
433 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: should i stay a night in Boise or go straight to Sun Valley?

sawdeeka, just got the doubletree parkside for $32 for fri night...good score, and of course, the red feather!!!

i would say to stay in boise, rest up, buy some food at winco and costco and drive up there fresh.

what time do you get in?

American West
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: should i stay a night in Boise or go straight to Sun Valley?

You should stay in Boise. There's a lot to do, especially if you stay downtown. There are a number of good bars and restaurants. Also, you can take a walk along the river, go to the art museum, tour the Capitol, and buy socks.

Martinez, California
Level Contributor
5 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: should i stay a night in Boise or go straight to Sun Valley?

so Charley is the trick to bid like how many days before ?

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,385 posts
433 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: should i stay a night in Boise or go straight to Sun Valley?

i do it when ever we decide to go...if you bid 2 1/2 * and put down town, they only have 2 2 1/2 * hotels, marriott and springhill, both which are great. it gets tricky if you put in 3*, as there are a few of them i would not want to stay...like doubletree downtowner...it works like a charm, and i feel a bit guilty, as well.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: should i stay a night in Boise or go straight to Sun Valley?

If you have time to get there at a decent hour head to Sun Valley. You will start having fun immediately. Don't risk your lives driving in bad conditions though.

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,385 posts
433 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: should i stay a night in Boise or go straight to Sun Valley?

hi axel,

have you been to SV...if you are getting here anytime after 4, i would stay, buy food and book it early...

8. Re: should i stay a night in Boise or go straight to Sun Valley?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2011, 17:00
9. Re: should i stay a night in Boise or go straight to Sun Valley?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2012, 06:17