We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve in CDA

san diego, ca
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
New Year's Eve in CDA

I am planning to be in CDA from dec 29th through Jan 5th. What is there to do in the winter? Anything special going on New Year's Eve? I'm from So. Cal. How much snow do you get? Thanks

Coeur d Alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
372 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve in CDA

In the winter the main activity is related to winter sports such as skiing, snowmobiling etc. The downtown Christmas light display should still be going on and downtown has a lot of eating / drinking / shopping opportunities. Also its a quick drive into Spokane for athletic and entertainment activites such as hockey, basketball and music. On New Years the Coeur d' Alene Resort usually has something going on and in Spokane they have a large festival called First Night (web site: www.firstnightspokane.org ). Here is the Coeur d Alene visitors web site which can give yo an idea of whats available and events (www.coeurdalene.org ). Generally we do have snow on the ground over the holidays, it can range from several inches to 1+ feet, the last several years its been in the inches.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
177 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Eve in CDA

Basketball in Spokane?

Who do I have to bribe to get Gonzaga tickets?

Coeur d Alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
372 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's Eve in CDA

Don't have to bribe anyone, just go on E Bay and buy a ticket for several Gonzaga games available now.

4. Re: New Year's Eve in CDA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 08:17