We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best hotel choice is

Which Coeur d'Alene hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
The best hotel choice is

CDA Resort, Resort City Inn, Hampton Which one is the winner, not real worried about budget, best location for walking the town and nights out.

Thanksgiving weekend

thanks SDRG

Idaho
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The best hotel choice is

If you aren't worried about Budget, then then CDA resort is by far the best based on location. Located in the center of the downtown area, you will be very pleased with this in terms of walking everywhere you need to go downtown. The Hampton Inn is actually more modern and a little bit more comfortable than the more popular "CDA Resort" however, it is not in walking distance of the lake or the downtown area. If you're looking for just a few shops, restaurants, and the Regal Cinemas, then I would go with the Hampton.

Coeur D'alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
579 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The best hotel choice is

If budget isn't an issue, I definitely agree with the above poster -- pick the CDA Resort. It's on the lake next to Tubbs Hill, a very nice hiking spot, it's next to the city beach and park and right in the middle of the shopping area. You can also pick up daily lake cruises from the resort and they're affordable and very fun.

Level Contributor
595 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The best hotel choice is

I stayed at the Hampton Inn last year and it was very nice. It's only a short drive to downtown, but the other posters are correct that the CDA Resort is right there in town on the lake. There are shops, restaurants and the cinema across from the Hampton Inn. There is a very good bbq place whose name I cannot recall over there.

coeur d'alene
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The best hotel choice is

Hey SDRG - Agreed that the CDA Resort is in great location, but even though budget isn't a big deal, I've always been a little less than "wowed" with the property. I have stayed there maybe 5-6 times in various rooms. It has some nice amenities, but in my opinion, for the price it really doesn't compare to what you might be used to seeing for an equal star hotel in a larger city.

The Resort City Inn is nice and clean, two story, outside entrances. More "motel" than "hotel."

If you like kitsch, we always stayed at the Flamingo Hotel when we did our bazillion road trips from Seattle before moving here in 2000. Each room has different theme - they are just modest rooms, a bit dated but nice & clean.

Another consideration besides the Hampton at Riverstone is the Holiday Inn Express on Seltice. I've not stayed there but have seen the interior when we attended a kids' birthday party there. It seemed very nice and cozy and I've seen great reviews on this site for that property.l Have fun :)

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The best hotel choice is

All the suggestions are accurate..the Resort is expensive and somewhat overrated but by far the best location. A better choise then the Hampton is the La Quinta (sp) East, it's fairly new or updated and much less then the Hampton, IMO, the Hampton was a better hotel before Hilton purchased them but thats just my call. The Flaminggo would certainly and should be on your list if you want a nice funky reasonable rate place. You used to save $$ staying in Post Falls but they are as high or higher now. My choice for reasonable budget and location would be the La Quinta East..not the Appleway one!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The best hotel choice is

Cd'A Resort is the best bet but $$$.

Everybody says go to Beverly's for lunch get same great quality for better price., we had dinner there yummy$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

7. Re: The best hotel choice is

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2010, 06:19