We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's to do in Idaho Falls?

Which Idaho Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
90 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
What's to do in Idaho Falls?

I will be passing through and spending the night in Idaho Falls on Feb. 14th on our return trip from West Yellowstone to SLC. As my ten year old Grandson will be with us, I was wondering if there would be anything fun for him to do or see while we are there? We should have a full afternoon to play.

Tomah, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
473 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's to do in Idaho Falls?

Hi Pilot7700,

Unfortunately, February in Idaho Falls isn't the most exciting time to visit. It's going to be cold and snowy. On top of that, Sundays can be a bit slow during the best of times.

About all that I could really recommend would be some restaurants. What kind of group are you travelling with?

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
90 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's to do in Idaho Falls?

Thanks Parentsof3. It will be my Wife, Son and my oldest Grandson. We don't have to have anything too exiting to do, however I hate not fully enjoying any new city we visit.

Tomah, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
473 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's to do in Idaho Falls?

I'd recommend the Brownstone restaurant, which is right next to the Red Lion overlooking the falls. Good burgers; brew pub; try the seafood linguine or the Monte Cristo.

Blue Hashi is right next to it and is very good Japanese food.

Other non-chain places nearby would be the Whitewater (downtown) and Jaliscos (Mexican, 1/2 block from the Brownstone). Kids can go into any of these places.

Sorry I can't recommend more touristy things to do in I.F. - it's a tough time of year for that. If you have time, consider popping over to Jackson, WY - an hour and a half drive if the pass is open and you can go through Victor (check the weather conditions for Hwy22), or two hours through Pallisades and Hoback Junction. Wooden sidewalks, lots of restaurants, skiing, big mountains and fabulous views.

Hope you enjoy your visit.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,463 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's to do in Idaho Falls?

i agree, hop on over to JH and see the teton park. yellow stone is a bit away, but we always love JH, and the restaurants are oh, so good over there

Idaho
Level Contributor
4 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's to do in Idaho Falls?

It is cold in Idaho Falls in February. However, if you are equipped with warm clothing, a walk around the greenbelt is something I love to do, even in the winter. It is kept clear for walkers and runners. The snow and ice make the greenbelt a "whitebelt" but still beautiful. There may be birds to feed, even at this time of year. There is plenty of activity around the greenbelt on a fine day, even in February. Then retire to Smitty's, a nearby restaurant, for hot chocolate and huge, puffy German pancakes.

There is an Edwards Theater with about 12-16 screens and a mall on the other side of town.

If you are on your way from West Yellowstone to Salt Lake, Jackson Hole is a long way out of the way. I

6. Re: What's to do in Idaho Falls?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2010, 05:15