We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a trip to North Central Idaho....

kamiah idaho
4 posts
Save Topic
Planning a trip to North Central Idaho....

Let me know and I'll answer your questions about our beautiful area...lots to do year round, if you enjoy the outdoors or the friendly atmosphere of small Western towns...

9 replies to this topic
California
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a trip to North Central Idaho....

I plan to travel to Libby Montana area via Spokane. Can you suggest an accomocation near Spokane airport that offers some nice recreation? We are a family of 15 people which includes ages 11 to 80. We will be spending most of the time near Libby in a Lakeside house. Thank you

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Spokane, Chelan
Level Contributor
10,452 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning a trip to North Central Idaho....

Belinda, could you post this on the Washington forum then I be happy to give you suggestions.

Collie

kamiah idaho
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning a trip to North Central Idaho....

You fastest route to Montana would be on the Freeway up North, but for a scenic drive, a southern route via HWY 12 up the Lochsa River and over lolo pass is worth the drive. It is ranked one of the top 10 scenic drives in the Northwest, and follows a lot of the historic Lewis an Clark Route. Lots of nice campgrounds and places with cabins along the route, with motels in Kamiah.

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
58 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning a trip to North Central Idaho....

Belinda,

Will you be renting a car and driving from Spokane to Libby? What time do you arrive in Spokane? Spokane is only a 45 minute drive from Coeur d'Alene and about an hour and a half from Sandpoint. If you are driving and get in to Spokane at a decent hour I suggest driving to one of these places and staying.

It also puts you closer to your final destination of Libby :)

Jamie

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Spokane, Chelan
Level Contributor
10,452 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning a trip to North Central Idaho....

hoppgirl it actually only takes me 35 minutes to get from west pokane on the freeway to down town Coue d'alene so they would have plentry of time but their post is old so our May answers are probably moot anyway.

Collie

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
58 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning a trip to North Central Idaho....

Probably right colliegirl about our posts being a bit late for a post from March, but you never know :)

My time frame was based on the fact that there is currently construction on I90 that has been causing delays.

Made two trips to Spokane in the last two days and it took me 40 minutes to get from Mid-town Coeur d'Alene to downtown Spokane.

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Spokane, Chelan
Level Contributor
10,452 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Planning a trip to North Central Idaho....

If you got stopped on the freeway it's funny it didn't take longer. I went that way for years twice a week and sometimes I'd be an hour getting into town, accident, freeway work or whatever, oh well nothing we can do about it I guess.

Collie

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
58 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Planning a trip to North Central Idaho....

@colliegirl Construction hasn't been stopping anyone (yet). But is has it down to two lanes and since you are familiar with the drive you know what that does with people trying to get on and off the Interstate :)

Have a Good Weekend it has been nice chatting with you!

Edited: 14 May 2011, 00:05
Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Spokane, Chelan
Level Contributor
10,452 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Planning a trip to North Central Idaho....

Hoppy, I like your picture I need to change mine soon I hope.

Collie

Reply to: Planning a trip to North Central Idaho....
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kamiah