We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving to Coeur d'Alene ID from San Diego CA

San Diego...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Driving to Coeur d'Alene ID from San Diego CA

Trying to decide whether to take the I 15 or go straight up through Boise north. Different map sites use both ways. Thanks!

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving to Coeur d'Alene ID from San Diego CA

Nancy, I consulted with a good friend who drives from here to San Diego several times a year for business reasons and he said that over the years he's gotten the route down pat so here goes....take I5 all the way up to Weed from there take highway 97 all the way to Biggs at the WA OR border then 30 to 395 all the way up to Spokane then over to Coeur d'Alene. It's the fastest and best route plus the most scenic, you'll follow the gorge for quite a while and that part of the country is often written about in travel write-ups, Anyhow check it out I don't think you could go wrong. I've been on that route to and loved it.

2. Re: Driving to Coeur d'Alene ID from San Diego CA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2010, 09:16
Get answers to your questions about Pocatello
More Pocatello Topics