We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to see Boise, Pocatello, points in-between

Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling to see Boise, Pocatello, points in-between

Hello! We're planning a trip in September to scope out a possible retirement location. We're from So. California and we passed through Pocatello years ago, found the people to be so very friendly and the town was just beautiful. We want to return to check it out now that we are retiring soon, but we also are considering Boise as well as other locations (prefer south, probably southeast ID). Snow's okay but prefer not too much as we aren't accustomed to it. Which cities do you recommend that we visit? I also have cancer so I need good oncology medical care available as well as activities for those 55+ and a strong Christian fellowship would be great. Thanks in advance! Much obliged!

3 replies to this topic
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
6,693 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to see Boise, Pocatello, points in-between

Semi rural areas around Boise offer better wintertime climate and better access to medical services ... I suspect most "Poky" folks go to Utah, for specialized treatment ... carracar

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
86 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to see Boise, Pocatello, points in-between

I agree with carracar, Boise is going to have a more mild climate and better access to medical facilities. Twin Falls is a nice city that is in between Boise and Pocatello if there's a particular reason that you need to closer to east Idaho. It's about 120 miles from Boise on an interstate, so it's a fairly quick drive.

Idaho
Level Contributor
210 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling to see Boise, Pocatello, points in-between

I'm going to agree with the other posters. The Boise area seems to be more temperate than SE Idaho. That being said, snow will be a fact of life during the winter but the negative temperatures not as much. Access to good medical care is better there as well although there are decent facilities in both Idaho Falls or Pocatello.

Reply to: Traveling to see Boise, Pocatello, points in-between
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pocatello
More Pocatello Topics