We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay between Boise and Butte?

Groveland, FL
Level Contributor
113 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay between Boise and Butte?

My husband and I are driving from Boise to Butte in early May. Can anyone recommend a good halfway point to stay overnight? We would prefer something near Stanley or Challis. We don't need anything fancy/expensive and aren't really in to bed and breakfasts.

Portland, Oregon
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay between Boise and Butte?

I have recently booked a motel called Salmon River Cabins and Motel in Stanley. The review on trip advisor is reasonable. Since we only need a place to sleep, we don't expect much. It's a little cheaper than other choices

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,398 posts
433 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay between Boise and Butte?

Danners cabins for sure. they are well priced and really cute. just across the street from the only place to eat (ok, there are others, but this place is GOOD) the stanley bakery, which now serves dinner. The views in Stanley are wonderful...quaint dirt streets, and usually the coldest place in the nation!!i love stanley.

3. Re: Where to stay between Boise and Butte?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2011, 13:43
Groveland, FL
Level Contributor
113 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay between Boise and Butte?

Thanks for the responses. I did check with the StanleyCofC and got a list of all participating properties. Danners Cabins got good reviews on TA, but their website indicates they have a two night minimum. We're only passing thru (this trip) so we'll save that one for next time. Sawtooth Hotel has availability and they are "connected" to the Stanley Bakery - where we definitely plan to visit. Does anyone have any experience with the Sawtooth Hotel?

Groveland, FL
Level Contributor
113 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay between Boise and Butte?

Sounds like your situation is similar to mine - just need a decent place to sleep for one night. When is your trip to Salmon River Cabins? I'll be interested to know what you thought of the place.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,398 posts
433 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay between Boise and Butte?

the sawtooth hotel has been defunct for 8 or more years. we used to go there for the BEST pancakes, but it went under. the group from the "bakery" bought it and have been working on it for a year or two. they are wonderful people, the bakery food is (i am a cook!!) so good, using great ingrediences and very inovative. not just ham and eggs, and the pastries, lunch and we have had some great dinners there. everyone was excited when they bought the old hotel, as stanley is a great get a way for us KEtchumites!!!

If you like the Danners, email Sandra and tell her her yoga buddy said to try and get a room for one night. i am sure that they will do it. there beds are great and that makes a big difference to me. and they are OFF the highway. enjoy

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
39 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay between Boise and Butte?

The Sawtooth Hotel is open and renting rooms. The owners did an amazing job of brining this old historic building back to life. It is worth a solid consideration, for sure. You can never go wrong with danners. Salmon River Cabins have an amazing view, and the rooms are fine...., you get what you pay for

8. Re: Where to stay between Boise and Butte?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2010, 06:33
Get answers to your questions about Stanley
Recent Conversations