We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant suggestions

Which Twin Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant suggestions

Hi!

We're passing thru' Twin Falls on our way to the Grand Canyon. As we will be driving into town at about 7 or 8 pm, we plan to get a quick , nice meal before we bed down for the night. Any suggestions?

Twin Falls, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Twin Falls
Level Contributor
788 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant suggestions

Al, welcome to Twin Falls! :)

You'll likely come into town on Highway 93. Just across the Perrine Bridge are some chain restaurants like Outback Steakhouse, Johnny Carino's, and Chili's. If you follow the highway into town, you'll find yourself on Blue Lakes Boulevard. Jaker's, on Blue Lakes, is a nice locally owned steakhouse-type restaurant. If you are staying on Addison Avenue, Rock Creek is a local favorite and features fresh seafood.

Give yourself some time, either on your way in or out, to take in the view of the Perrine Bridge from the walking trails around it. You can also walk out onto the bridge if you want to. You're likely to see some BASE jumpers parachuting off the bridge.

Enjoy the Grand Canyon... the Snake River canyon will give you a tiny preview.

Best regards,

Pug

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
160 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant suggestions

As IdahoPug said, we have a great variety of restaurants here in Twin. As long as you don't arrive much later than that, you can pick from all of them. However, some places shut down their kitchens on week nights as early as 9pm. Also, are you travelling with children? Would you like an alcoholic drink and if so, just beer or wine or something made at a full bar?

On the main drag, Blue Lakes Boulevard, I would recommend Jaker's (which has steaks, burgers, Asian dishes, a great salad bar, and a full liquor license) and Tomato's (which is a pizza and pasta restaurant which serves beer and wine). Both have children's menus. Both are locally owned and operated and are more reasonably priced than their chain counterparts, Johnny Carino's and Outback Steakhouse. At Jaker's, I especially like the grilled salmon with asparagus on the side, but you can also get locally raised trout which I highly recommend. A warning -- service can be slow at Jaker's.

Rock Creek restaurant on Addison Avenue is another fine choice. It is an old-style steakhouse. It probably has the best atmosphere, it has an award-winning wine list and it has the best selection of fresh fish in town. They don't have a children's menu.

If you arrive late, I think the chain Appleby's might be your best choice.

As you can tell, I don't like to cook. :-)

Have a great trip!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant suggestions

Thank you guys ..this really helps, the kids = teens therefore burgers and pizza might be more culturally acceptable to their genre, I'll have an ice cold beer !

Tomah, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
473 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant suggestions

I'd recommend the Trail Creek Pub (516 Hansen Street South; 208-736-0330) in Twin Falls. Good burgers, excellent beer, casual atmosphere, very nice staff.

Twin Falls, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Twin Falls
Level Contributor
788 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant suggestions

Parents, good suggestion except that Trail Creek is going to stop serving food, if they haven't already. (Sad face) They're still making their brew but they're selling it to other outlets.

Pug

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
160 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant suggestions

My favorite actually might be Prasai's, which is superb Thai cuisine, but it's off the beaten path. They serve a poached salmon in this sweet, mild curry sauce that is to DIE for. And each and every one of the stir fries is unique and flavorful. We lived in the D.C. area and this is at least as good as any there.

Garibaldi's Mexican food is another good one. They offer fresh red and green salsas before the meal which are loaded with Mexican oregano and cilantro. Great stuff. There are more choices for picky eaters there -- there are hamburgers as well as Mexican fare.

But if I were travelling, I might stick to more simple food on the main drag.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant suggestions

Thank you all for the many great suggestions!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
687 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant suggestions

For great pizza, try Maxie's. Other chains and pizza places have come and gone, but Maxies has stood the test of time. It's on Blue Lakes Boulevard near Kimberly Road. Also, for cheap but good Mexican, try La Casita. It's been a mainstay forever.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
160 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant suggestions

Maxie's and Tomato's are owned by the same family. Maxie's delivers so that might be a good choice for people who are too tired to take another step. Tomato's is a little more centrally located, has a more interesting ambience, and has a larger selection of pastas and salads, but both are great.

I haven't been to La Casita in maybe a decade. We just prefer Garibaldi's, think it's more authentic, but that's just one family's choice.

Nobody has mentioned the two Mongolian barbecue restaurants or the three or four all-you-can-eat Chinese restaurants. My favorites have already been listed, but others might like those buffet-style places.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
177 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant suggestions

Please excuse me for digging up this thread and, basically, hijacking it. I read "poached Salmon with mild curry sauce to die for," so someone is now in deep trouble.

Main question: my daughter may not take to Thai all that easily; does Prasai's have a kids menu?

One thing I should note: there's an old-style soda fountain downtown that I believe is open Saturdays. I forget the name. You don't go there for the food, you go there because it allows your young kids to go back in time... and get ice cream to boot.

Get answers to your questions about Twin Falls