We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Midway Park Saver. Is it for real?

Shawano, WI
4 posts
Save Topic
Midway Park Saver. Is it for real?

I chencked all sorts of Parking options and am choosing between two. The best seams to be Midway Park Saver $9 per day total with on-line coup. Is this for real? Seems too good to be true and yo know what they say about that..... The second is parking at America's Best Inn and taking a shuttle. Midway Park Saver approx. $72 but you can walk to airport. America's best is $60.49 for the same time frame but sounds seedy to me. Does anyone have any advice?

6 replies to this topic
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
48,931 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Midway Park Saver. Is it for real?

www.yelp.com/biz/midway-park-saver-chicago

Shawano, WI
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Midway Park Saver. Is it for real?

Thank you. Very helpful. Guess I am going to try something different. I have two little chidren with me and if crossing the street is exciting, I would have a heart attach!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Midway Park Saver. Is it for real?

I had been parking at Midway Park Saver for nearly 20 years. It used to be a cheap, secure lot. However, on my most recent voyage (escape) from Chicago, it proved to be anything but a relic of better times.

Typically, I park at MPS, cross 59th Street, hop on a people mover, and make my way to Midway Airport. On this last trip, my flight left at about 9:30 AM. My return flight dropped me around 11:00 PM.

It was difficult to find a close spot in the morning as many people park here and then take the Orange Line downtown. Thus I ended up nearly 3/4 of a mile from the front gate (59th street). I had no fear though because the shuttle always picks me up and brings me the gate. Apparently that doesn't happen anymore. I saw one shuttle and it never showed up. So I walked 3/4 of a mile but whatever...

Six days later I arrived home. Surely the shuttle would be waiting and I would be whisked to the far southern reaches of the MPS lot to retrieve my vehicle. Nope. This time, none of the shuttles were in operation. WTF?!!!

At least it wasn't cold out but I still walked 3/4 of a mile to get my vehicle and then drove to the gate to pay. The zombie like employee took my payment without uttering more than a word or two and heaven forbid a "thank you".

So what's going on here? Is ownership cutting costs by not properly staffing the place and not paying for the shuttles to run? Probably. Well guess what? I'm done. I used to recommend MPS to everyone I know but now it will be quite the opposite. Skip this place. The quality has disappeared. I'll give my cash to a more deserving business.

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
2 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Midway Park Saver. Is it for real?

I don't know where you get the $9/day coupon, because the coupon is $11/day. Still, much cheaper than surrounding parking lots. I've parked there and had a great experience. The shuttle was running both when I arrived and left, and yes, there is a walk across a street, but it's definitely not a busy street, no matter what time of day.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
15,164 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Midway Park Saver. Is it for real?

The original post is from 4 years ago. Prices have probably gone up.

Edited: 15 April 2015, 18:49
Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
2 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Midway Park Saver. Is it for real?

lol thanks for that. I only saw the April 11 and didn't pay attention to the year. =)

Reply to: Midway Park Saver. Is it for real?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bedford Park