We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place for BBQ in the area ?

Which Bloomington hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
central illinois
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Topic
Best place for BBQ in the area ?

What's the best BBQ place in Bloomington or the surrounding area ?

bloomington illinois
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place for BBQ in the area ?

Well I'm a pretty good grillmaster and i can tell you it would be longhorn restraunt @ #5 currency drive in Bloomington. They have excellent Brisket & really good ribs. this place by far beats out famous daves or bandanas anyday. Theres also a place if your into ribs called slys BBQ and is @ 616 W Raab Rd in Normal. His specialty is ribs and they VERY good. Other than that you'd have to have to go to Champaign to Lil porgys as they have the best BBQ. its a lil hole in the wall place but its the best.I hope this helps you.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,541 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place for BBQ in the area ?

A long-time BBQ place favored by locals is the Ozark House, on Croxton Avenue just east of the Lakeside Country Club in SE Bloomington.

Bloomington...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place for BBQ in the area ?

If you're looking for restaurants in the Bloomington-Normal Area, we offer the most comprehensive list on the web at: bloomingtonnormalcvb.org/visitors/dining_nig…

central illinois
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place for BBQ in the area ?

I have not seen your list...sure much like put out by most convention bureaus...but I use this site to get the real scoop from the locals on what's good and what's not, their ratings, the place "not" to go, etc. usually information not shared by offical area tourism information. But thanks for sharing your insight of where to go. Thanks !

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place for BBQ in the area ?

Famous Daves

Bloomington
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place for BBQ in the area ?

My votes would have to Longhorn and Sly's. I personally like Sly's a little better than Longhorn, but you can't go wrong w/ either. Sly's has a REALLY good spicy sausage and their sauce is great. Like the other poster said their ribs a great too.

7. Re: Best place for BBQ in the area ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Bloomington