We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great tour-guide for Mandalay and *Happy Travels*

Tuscany, Italy
Level Contributor
172 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Great tour-guide for Mandalay and *Happy Travels*

I would like to recommend very highly a guide we had for Mandalay and region. His name is Soe Paing, we just called him Soe Soe-

and on his card it says also Happy Travels, e.g. he can also help to book bus tickets give information about local customs and culture and other services.

He organized a lovely tour for :

Sagaing, Inwa and Mandalay city and sunset at Irrawady River hotel.

from 8am-6pm including some very interesting markets, such a Jade, since he worked there once. He never pushed for shopping- he actually takes you to places where there are not a lot of tourists (anticlock) I paid him USD 20.- for the whole day (it might be more by now) he is very honest, reliable and very pleasant. He speaks english well, you can discuss the itinerary with him.

He knows a driver with a AC car- I paid 40 000K for the trip mentioned above.

Next day, Soe Soe was busy, so we just booked the driver for Mandalay Hill, U Bein Bridge (it s good to take the boat there for sunset) and we paid again 40 000 K for a whole day. Of course it depends on the distance, it can be more.

He very promptly replied to my mails. His details are below:

Soe Paing

email:soe.paing246@gmail.com

mobile no 09.402538362

he has also a website for more information about him:

http://dev.metasoft.at

he can also be contacted via face book

San Diego...
Level Contributor
200 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great tour-guide for Mandalay and *Happy Travels*

Thanks I just sent him a message to see if he is available in mid March!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Level Contributor
13 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great tour-guide for Mandalay and *Happy Travels*

I just posted another message about Soe Soe at tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g295408-i11091-k67… before I saw this thread but I wanted to 2nd the recommendation. Great guide and a nice guy.

3. Re: Great tour-guide for Mandalay and *Happy Travels*

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 December 2013, 01:11
Mandalay, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Level Contributor
2,393 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great tour-guide for Mandalay and *Happy Travels*

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g295408-i11091-k69…

5. Re: Great tour-guide for Mandalay and *Happy Travels*

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 March 2014, 10:05
Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great tour-guide for Mandalay and *Happy Travels*

Me and my husband spent a beautiful day with Soe Paing as a guide in Mandalay. He showed us the most interesting places in the city. He is a friendly, honest en reliable man, who does everything he can, to make your visit to Mandalay unforgettable!

He has his own website : ourguidetomandalay.wordpress.com

Soon you will have an answer if you contact him on this email address : soe.paing246@gmail.com

Amstelveen, The...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Great tour-guide for Mandalay and *Happy Travels*

I have been travelling with Soe Paing for a few days in and around Mandalay. I was sitting on the back seat of his motobike. I had a great time with Soe. He is trustworthy and a realy nice guy. Soe will take you the non standard route around touristic and non touristic sites.

8. Re: Great tour-guide for Mandalay and *Happy Travels*

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2016, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Mandalay Region