We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa

Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visa

I am in Australia I would like to obtain a tourist visa for the 30 th of August 2013 ( how do I get this ( do I stand a chance ) Is there any other way Do they have visa on arrival ?

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
16,729 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa

There is no VOA

For other options please read Top Questions,toolbar right.

Because of your late timing your only chance of getting a Visa is in Bangkok as there is not enough time to pay an Agent for a prearranged Visa,Collected on arrival

SS

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Berkshire
Level Contributor
527 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa

I'm a bit confused here as this site - mip.gov.mm/portfolio/… - suggests that VOA is possible???? What did I misunderstand please?

Warks.England
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,729 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa

If you read your link you will see it is for a BUSINESS Visa, which is obtainable on arrival (with the right formwork)

There is still no VOA for tourist,other than a pre-paid,prearranged one as indicated in my post and FAQ

SS

Berkshire
Level Contributor
527 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa

Hmm, I understand what your suggesting and did read your VOA stuff before posing my question. However clicking on the >>>>>>>Download Visa Form <<<<<<< link at the bottom of the page provides a choice of 3 forms for VOA - Business or Entry or Transit and all three are appropriately labelled!?!?!

If VOA is truly not available, can you say please if the online Entry Form is of any use or if I should pretend I never found the site and collect my visa in BKK?

TIA

Warks.England
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,729 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa

Cibarious

VOA is truly NOT yet available-please trust me and everyone else on this forum.

Get your Visa from London-7 days turnaround-see post 212 onwards on this long thread from FAQ-the link is there for the London Embassy Visa download

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294190-i9408-k4…

OR

follow the instructions in the other FAQ on getting a Visa in Bangkok

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294190-i9408-k6…

hope this helps

SS

Edited: 21 August 2013, 22:47
Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Berkshire
Level Contributor
527 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa

Thanks SS, didn't doubt (too much) the information on here, I was confused by the .mm government site implying VOA was a possibility, by providing an Entry VOA form and so I had to ask in case I'd discovered things had changed. :-)

Seems not and so I shall forget I ever saw the .mm site, revert to TA advice, and go from there. :-D

Thanks again.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
29,416 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa

As SilverSwimmer has already told you, VOAs are available for BUSINESS travellers (in some circumstances) - not tourists.

Berkshire
Level Contributor
527 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa

@Luigi A - if you had read what I wrote a little more carefully, you would have noted that I agreed with SS in the post that you commented on and so you really had no need to comment.

Wouldn't do VOA now, even it were available, as it appears to cost a lot more than a postal application.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,729 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa

Cibarious

Good call-there are first hand reports of travellers booked through to Yangon being refused boarding by airlines in Europe,Bangkok and China as they did not have a Visa.

Expensive mistakes.

SS

Mentioned in this post
Yangon (Rangoon)
Yangon (Rangoon)
Yangon Region, Myanmar
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
10. Re: Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2014, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Mandalay Region