We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Champaign - update

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
137 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Staying in Champaign - update

I have enjoyed my stay in Champaign after being here almost a month. The weather did not turn hot till two days ago and I was able to walk everyday since I did not have a car while my husband was at work on temporary assignment. The Extended Stayamerica is in a good location. Right next door is the Country inn & suites and The Wingate. From there I was able to walk to Meijer, Target, Walmart, The Mall, Kohls, and TJ Max. and many restaurants.

Thank you RWDW for all your recommendations in my previous post. We spent a weekend in Chicago and had a fabulous time. We spent another Sunday enjoying the gardens and had a picnic at The Allerton and just yesterday we enjoyed canoeing at Kickapoo State Park. These ideas made staying in a hotel bareable. Thanks again.

I must mention our favorite restaurant was the Sunsinger Cafe and Wine shop. Really Good!

The people in Champaign were all friendly and it is a lovely area.

Saint Louis...
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
1,362 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in Champaign - update

Yes, Sunsinger is a very nice place. Good food and pleasant atmosphere. Glad you found it, you have to know where it is!

Catlin, Illinois
Level Contributor
838 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in Champaign - update

Hi smileytrips,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the weather was mild. It can be as hot as Fort Worth here in July.

Allerton and Kickapoo are special places for me. I am glad to hear you enjoyed them too!

3. Re: Staying in Champaign - update

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2010, 05:17