We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near CTA Red Line stops or Metro Chicago venue

1 post
Save Topic
Hotels near CTA Red Line stops or Metro Chicago venue

My wife and I are headed from Wisconsin to a concert at Metro Chicago (3730 N Clark) on November 17.

I'm looking for hotel suggestions that might work for this locale.

It looks like the CTA Addison Red stop isn't too far away, so I'm thinking staying downtown.

We'll be driving in so if anyone's suggestions happen to include knowing the hotel's parking situation, that'd be even better!

Thanks for any help!

Mentioned in this post
Wisconsin
Wisconsin
United States
Metro
Metro
38 Reviews
Chicago, IL
7 replies to this topic
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
54,608 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels near CTA Red Line stops or Metro Chicago venue

Welcome to the TA forums.

There are numerous hotels downtown within walking distance of a red line train station. Please play with your favorite online travel site for availability within your budget.

After you've picked a hotel - www.spothero.com and www.parkehiz.com to locate and save $$ on parking downtown.

Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
859 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels near CTA Red Line stops or Metro Chicago venue

FYI - That second link in Dave148's post should be www.parkwhiz.com You might have figured that out, but didn't want you to be tripped up by a typo. The Grand station on the Red Line is in the middle of River North, which is a popular area for tourist hotels. There's a Hilton Garden Inn right there and several other choices within a few blocks.

Hotel parking in that area does tend to be pricey, so checking one of those websites that Dave suggested is a good idea.

Edited: 09 October 2017, 23:59
Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
7,962 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels near CTA Red Line stops or Metro Chicago venue

if you plan to just see a show at metro, and touring downtown isn't in the flight plan, then i would recommend staying in the near northern 'burbs and taking the CTA purple/red line..... why bother driving all the way into the city if you really don't have to? there are a number of hotels in wilmette and skokie, right along I-94/US-41, and a short drive from the CTA train stations in evanston..... OR, just stay in evanston. which is 10 minutes, or so, off the 94...............

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,614 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels near CTA Red Line stops or Metro Chicago venue

Along the same lines as the suggestions in post #3, there's a Hampton Inn close to the Loyola station on the Red Line on the far north side of the city.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
17,326 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels near CTA Red Line stops or Metro Chicago venue

If you're only going to the show and have no interest in seeing other sites in the city then the Hampton inn by the Loyola red line stop would be a great choice. It's maybe a 20 minute train ride from there to the Addison stop.

If you want to spend time doing typical tourist stuff then staying in river north by either the Chicago or grand red line stops would be more convenient.

Mentioned in this post
The Chicago Diner
The Chicago Diner
168 Reviews
Chicago, IL
PROSPECT,CT
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels near CTA Red Line stops or Metro Chicago venue

We stayed at the Flats at Loyola Station, super close to the redline and has free parking! Run by students at Loyola it’s setup more like an apt with a full kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom. By far the cheapest option we found and in a really safe neighborhood.

Mentioned in this post
The Flats at Loyola Station
The Flats at Loyola...
121 Reviews
Chicago, IL
Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
7,962 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels near CTA Red Line stops or Metro Chicago venue

One post wonder hasn't returned to this thread in almost 2 weeks.... i wouldn't doubt it if they never return to this thread again.....

Reply to: Hotels near CTA Red Line stops or Metro Chicago venue
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted