We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Pizza Near Wicked

Green, Ohio
Level Contributor
281 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Good Pizza Near Wicked

My friend and I are visiting Chicago this weekend. We have tickets to Wicked on Thurs night. Thought we might get some good pizza before the show. Any suggestions to a good pizza place near the show or our hotel, Palmer House. Thanks for your help. Can't wait.

Swartz Creek
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Pizza Near Wicked

Giordano's

135 E Lake St, Chicago, IL 60601-5977

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza

Neighborhood: The Loop

Giordano's

310 W Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60606

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza

Tel: (312) 201-1441

Giordano's

223 W Jackson Blvd, Chicago, IL 60606

Cuisines: Pizza

Tel: (312) 583-9400

This is a stuffed pizza, thick and cheesy. Love em but they are filling. I just did a few searches to find them. You can check the Uno's and Lou Malanti's too and see whats in the loop area. Enjoy.

Chicago
Level Contributor
204 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Pizza Near Wicked

Giordano's is a great idea, and was one of my favorite pizzas in college.

I now live downtown (right near Wicked, in fact) and in the last 15 years since college, Lou Malnati's has edged its way to the top of my list.

There's much debate about Chicago pizza, and you really can't go wrong, but it's worth checking out Lou Malnati's if you have a chance. It's about 10 minutes (walking, less in a cab) from the theatre and is reasonable and fantastic. It's on Wells just north of Merchandise Mart; if you're walking, turn right out of Wicked until you hit Wells, (a couple blocks), then turn right again on Wells. Cross the river and it'll be about a block past Merchandise Mart. (More info from the web below).

Whatever you do, enjoy Chicago!

melissa

Lou Malnati's Pizza (River North)

View Map439 N. Wells St., Chicago

Tel: (312) 828-9800

Family-operated Chicago pizzeria flies its pies all over the country.

Lou Malnati's well-made pies have been the talk of the Chicagoland area among deep-dish aficionados for 35 years. The well-rounded Italian menu also includes pastas, salads, Lou's Italian Ice and the curiously named Chocolate Chip Pizza - an enormous cookie in a round pan smothered with ice cream. Clearly Ol' Lou had his work cut out for him when he started rolling dough as his father's apprentice; now the restaurant will ship fresh deep-dish pizza anywhere in the country. Though Mr. Malnati passed in 1978, his sons have continued the family tradition, creating the feeling of a "family-run" restaurant at every chain.

Lou Malnati's official website: http://www.loumalnatis.com

11 a.m.-11 p.m. Monday-Thursday; 11 a.m.-midnight Friday-Saturday; noon-10 p.m. Sunday

3. Re: Good Pizza Near Wicked

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 07:21