We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Help Planning a trip to Chicago Aug 9-12th

nyc
4 posts
Save Topic
Need Help Planning a trip to Chicago Aug 9-12th

Hey guys,

My friend and I (Both Females in mid twenties) are planning on taking a trip to Chicago to Chicago Aug 9th-12th. We have never been to Chicago and have heard its a great place to visit. So we decided to take a long weekend to visit. . When looking to book hotels i see that their are lots of different nieghborhoods and im not sure which one is best for us. We want something i guess centrally located but we want to stay in an area thats safe and has good bars and restaurants near by. I figure once I nail down the hotel i can start asking about what to visit and eat

thanks

pgo
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
7,206 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Help Planning a trip to Chicago Aug 9-12th

Look at hotel on Expedia or a similar site with a mapping feature. The best location for both shopping and museums is near Michigan Avenue and Wacker Drive (the street parallel to the river.) If you are within a few blocks of that corner you will be able to walk anywhere. The adjacent areas (North Michigan Avenue/Streeterville, the Loop/downtown and RIver North) are all very safe and convenient, but not as centrally located.

NY
Level Contributor
781 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Help Planning a trip to Chicago Aug 9-12th

The Hampton Inn in Downtown Chicago is spectacular and you can read my review of it.

The first night I would walk around Magnificent Mile and see the Hancock Observatory. I recommend the Shedd Aquarium and Art Institute for another day. The architectural boat cruise is a must as well as the Stained Glass Musuem at the Navy Pier.

I also recommend taking the green line and going to the Franklyn Lloyd Wright Home and Studio tour.

This hotel is in a nice neighborhood.

Have a nice trip.

3. Re: Need Help Planning a trip to Chicago Aug 9-12th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 06:19