We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with Itinerary for Couple in their mid20's this wkd!

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colombian in the US
Level Contributor
44 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
help with Itinerary for Couple in their mid20's this wkd!

Hi, My boyfriend and I will be traveling to Chicago this coming weekend (sep.7-10) We only have 2 full days to see the city. I would like to get some advice in a nice itinerary that can cover the main sights of chicago. We would like to go to a nice place for dinner on Sat. night and on sunday we will be going to the stadium to watch a soccer game. Thanks!!

Lac du Flambeau...
Level Contributor
283 posts
323 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help with Itinerary for Couple in their mid20's this wkd!

Where will you be staying? If you are downtown, Millenium Park is always nice, as well as a walk up Michigan Ave to the Water Tower. The Art Institute is close, too, if youl;ike that sort of thing. Have fun!

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
44,780 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help with Itinerary for Couple in their mid20's this wkd!

Please take a look at the introduction to Chicago section on this web site. There's a handy downloadble guide there.

Also look at metromix.com to see what's going on here this weekend. You can also do dining searches at metromix and Chicagoreader.com

Public transit information at transitchicago.com. A CTA visitor pass might come in handy for your visit.

Boston...
Level Contributor
624 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help with Itinerary for Couple in their mid20's this wkd!

If its nice outside, I suggest the architectural boat tour. Millenium park is always a highlight (as is Navy Pier...but i am not a fan of navy pier). Too bad the cubbie aren't in town. There are lots of museums if thats your cup of tea. or...check out Castaways on North Avenue Beach. you can also rent bikes and ride up and down lake shore drive. If the weather isn't ideal...Wicked is still playing at the theatre and has gotten rave reviews. Or Zanies Comedy club or second City comedy club. Street festivals are starting to wind down...but check on metromix.com and click festivals. Those are always fun...especially if hairbangers Ball, Wedding Banned, or Mike and joe are playing.

There are great places to eat on every corner

Boston...
Level Contributor
624 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help with Itinerary for Couple in their mid20's this wkd!

Oh-Its the first Bears home game of the season...so the bars will be packed...definitely a sight to see. If u can...check out soldiers field and see if u can scalp tickets...but u will have to be willing topay top dollar.

5. Re: help with Itinerary for Couple in their mid20's this wkd!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 00:16