We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need metra/cta transportation assistance

Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
need metra/cta transportation assistance

We booked in at the Sheraton Suites in Elk grove village for Oct 13 and need help getting downtown to the afternoon performance of 'Wicked"

via the train

thanks

ann

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
5,650 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need metra/cta transportation assistance

Since you are staying at the SS EGV, I'm guessing you are driving. What I would do is head to the Mt Prospect Metra station and take the Metra downtown to Union Station. You could walk (or it's not a bad cab ride) from there to Wicked.

This is the station: metrarail.com/Sched/cnw_nw/mtprospect.shtml

Additionally, may I ask how you booked the hotel? I only ask because I see what appears to be the same hotel for $49 for that night, non-refundable.

Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need metra/cta transportation assistance

i booked it on Hotwire $49

thanks for the directions

ann

Swartz Creek
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need metra/cta transportation assistance

Howdy... I'm in a similiar situation and was looking at either the Arlington hgts station or the Itasca station from EGV... the schedules are good for a weekend ... but maybe I should look at the Mt Prospect Metra station if your recommending that one? maybe its easier to find, park at etc etc... thanks!!!

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
47,063 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: need metra/cta transportation assistance

If you're staying in Elk Grove Village and are going downtown on a weekend, it might make sense to drive to the Rosemont CTA blue line station. There's plenty of parking and CTA trains run more often on the weekend then Metra trains.

Chicago
Level Contributor
77 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: need metra/cta transportation assistance

I agree with Dave148. Park at River Road and ride the blue line to the Washington/Randolph stop. It's less than a 1 block walk to the Oriental Theater from there. Blue line trains will run much more frequently than Metra and the several block walk from Ogilvie Center to the theater is very boring on a Saturday.

Enjoy the show!

Matt

Swartz Creek
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: need metra/cta transportation assistance

Hmmmm I considered this option too....... and you just reinforced it. I have used both before, but not this route, and the METRA is quite comfortable, but definately more options with the Blue Line like you mention... Appreciate the feedback.

thanks ...

7. Re: need metra/cta transportation assistance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 11:22