We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for White Sox Game

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
2 posts
Save Topic
Hotel for White Sox Game

I am driving through Chicago with a group of college students and they would like to catch a game. Could I get some advice on where we should stay?

Thanks

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
5,650 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for White Sox Game

What day and how many people? What is your room budget?

Iowa
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for White Sox Game

Looking for 3 rooms, willing to pay a bit more for nicer accomidations,

Thanks

Illinois
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for White Sox Game

There are many "chain" hotels off of I-55 and that short drives to a White Sox Game. (They vary from 50$ up -

you do get what you pay for.) There are also many hotels near Midway Airport which have the location your looking for -

the thing to keep in mind is these hotels get used a-lot so they can seem run-down. I've stayed in Willowbrook and paid around 75$ for the Super 8. If you don't mind adding 20-30 minutes to the trip from the hotel to Cellular Field I would suggest staying in Lombard, or one of the places a-little further north of I-55, you get a much nicer hotel for the same price. (you can get a suite in Lombard for the price of a single off of I-55) The hotels I would suggest are off of I-294. From Lombard you can take the Eisenhower to Kennedy and be at the field in like 45 minutes. (depending on traffic)

I stayed at the Comfort Suites this last weekend for 79$ -

I didn't make a reservation,

it's clean and nice and there are a handful of others on North Ave. which all looked cleaner and newer then those by Midway.

Hope this helps.

illinois
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for White Sox Game

Instead of looking all the way out by Lombard (which does have many nice hotels), right off of 55 in Countryside, try the Holiday Inn Holidome. It's great- great big pool, pool tables, sauna, workout room, video games etc, etc. We love the place, and in low traffic, it's less than half and hour to the park. The place is great and they also have a restaurant and bar. If not, I'd try somewhere in the downtown area.

illinois
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for White Sox Game

If you do stay downtown, just take the red line to the game.

Illinois
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel for White Sox Game

...but they're coming from Iowa -

so Lombard is off of 394 (if they take I-80) -

and if they take I-80 hotels off of I-55 will work.

Illinois
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel for White Sox Game

sorry -

should read I-394 (if they take I-88)

chicago
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel for White Sox Game

If your college age stay downtown. The redline will take you to the game for 1.75 and you can avoid the hassles of parking or having to worry who is driving after you've had a few beers. Plus if your college age you can go out downtown after the game. There is not as much college entertainment around Cellular Field.