We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Chicago

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
glasgow uk
Level Contributor
795 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Chicago

We're coming to Chicago at the beginning of June. What will the weather be like. Thanks

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
5,650 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Chicago

If this week is any indication, probably low-to-mid 70's. Although rain is always a potential, it's been fairly dry lately, aside from a couple of sizable storms this month.

Illinois
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Chicago

There is really no way to know what the weather will be like in June in the mid-west, but the one thing you can count on is it being humid. The lake makes the weather in Chicago change from one place to the next -

it is the Windy City.

Here is the best way I can describe the weather in Chicago. If I go to Chicago in June, unless I know exactly were I'll be, I will wear pants and a t-shirt, but bring shorts and a sweater -

some combo of these will usually work. The problem is if the temp. is 80 degrees F it may feel like 100 in the sun or around the buildings and 60 degrees in the shade.

As far as rain -

by June you should be safe, over the past few years it's been pretty dry in June but there is always a chance of a storm -

the good thing is there is plenty to do inside if the weather is bad. (It's not designed to be an out-door city only -

because of the winters) Storms in June usually only last one day and are followed by a day of sunshine.

I would quess that you'll have to deal with highs in the low 80's (right now it's the upper 70's there) -

and most like-ly at night it will be in the 60's(could get as low as the 50's though) and 75% or more humidity.

Overcast can be your freind -

it makes the temp. a-little bit more even.

Hope this is of some help.

illinois
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Chicago

It will be 90 or 60. Or sunny or rainy. You can usually count on windy (unless it's 90!!!).

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Chicago

Great post BobnAnn - that really sums it up!

glasgow uk
Level Contributor
795 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Chicago

Thanks- I'll bring a mixture of clothes and hope for sunshine