We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last Minute Travel site

Michigan
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Last Minute Travel site

Has anyone had luck with the website www.lastminutetravel. com? it is showing some great deals on 41/2 star hotels. It seems to work just like hotwire where you don't learn of your hotel until you buy it. I am looking for a deal on Nov 6 - 8 and Price line won't take any of my bids, I have maxed out my budget of bidding at 250 per night. Would love any feedback about this site!

Thanks

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
48,957 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last Minute Travel site

I used it once about a year ago for a reservation in NY. No problems.

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
5,650 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last Minute Travel site

it is the "sister" site of easyclicktravel.com. Easyclick may have slightly different (sometimes better, sometimes not) prices and availability.

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
5,650 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last Minute Travel site

Keep in mind that easyclick/lastminute's star rating is exaggerated. A 4 -1/2* hotel on their system is a 4* by any other system.

Michigan
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Last Minute Travel site

Well, when I went to buy the 41/2 star room I was told it was no longer avalible, grrr. so I went for the three star and crossed my fingers. I ended up with the Comfort Inn and Suites on Ohio St. for 200 per night. It got good reviews on this site. It will be fine, I don't plan on doing much in my hotel room anyways! I did have hopes of ending up with something a little more exciting. But that was the price I wanted!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
606 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last Minute Travel site

dvdmovie is right on with his statement of the rating system not being the same on other sites. I used lastminutetravel.com for a air/hotel package deal to Orlando in August. The hotel was listed as a 3 1/2 star, and it was not as good as I thought it should be. I would use the site a gain, because the prices were good, but I would not want anything less than 4 star after the one we stayed in.

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
5,650 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last Minute Travel site

Yep. While there may be a few exceptions, generally subtract a star and you will get the actual rating.

Additionally, keep in mind that lastminute and easyclick have things that are "on request" and "available". You are looking for available. "On Request" means that they can contact the hotel to see if they can get another room at that rate, but it's not likely.

muskegon michigan
Level Contributor
138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last Minute Travel site

I just used Lastminute Travel this weekend in Chicago. They billed my credit card about a week before I was booked. I had no problems and the reservation was fine at the hotel.

8. Re: Last Minute Travel site

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 07:15