We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swissotel, Courtyard, Affinia, or Crowne Plaza

Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Swissotel, Courtyard, Affinia, or Crowne Plaza

I currently have reservations at the Swissotel from 12/11-12/13. However, after reading some of the recent reviews on this hotel on tripadvisor, I am now having second thoughts.

So, I looked at Travelzoo and there are also great deals at the Courtyard, Affinia, and Crowne Plaza next week.

Initially, we wanted great views...but, I don't think it's worth it if there are so many other problems. We will be going to the Art Institute, Christkindlmarket, Michigan and State for shopping, etc. Walking is not an issue.

Anyone have any thoughts??? Thanks for your help!

Chicago Cultural Center
Art Galleries, Architectural Buildings
Department Stores
Bloomingdale's Home + Furniture
Architectural Buildings, Department Stores
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
51,909 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swissotel, Courtyard, Affinia, or Crowne Plaza

The Affina deal with the free parking is the best of the bunch.

The Crowne Plaza is in the west loop area. A bit out of the way from a tourist standpoint.

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swissotel, Courtyard, Affinia, or Crowne Plaza

I booked both the Affinia and the Courtyard Mag. Mile when I saw the specials. I think we're going with the Affinia because of the fantastic price, but either of these two have great locations and good reviews. I called the Affinia and all of the rooms are finished. They said there is some work in the lobby and the floor where the fitness center is, but nothing loud. Also, the parking is valet with in and out privileges, so you can't beat that! Normally, we don't go in and out, but are going to Ann Sathers for breakfast one day and are going to drive. We'll be there Dec. 13-16, so will just miss you!

3. Re: Swissotel, Courtyard, Affinia, or Crowne Plaza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 15:20