We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need a suite for July 31 for 8 nights

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
DM
washington DC
Level Contributor
708 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
need a suite for July 31 for 8 nights

Hello all,

My family needs a suite in a 4ish* hotel right in the thick of it. The bedroom needs to be separated from the living area and a kitchen is certainly not required.

I am eligible for a Federal Government discount and found the Omni for $168 a night. Anything better out there???

Thanks...

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
5,650 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need a suite for July 31 for 8 nights

I can't find anything better with a separate bedroom for less than $168 a night on these dates. $168 at the end of July is pretty impressive, especially considering the fact that the Lollapalooza Festival (which will probably go again this year, I'd guess?) falls on your dates. That hasn't driven rates for these dates up yet, but it will.

I'd lock in the Omni for that rate. Chicago hotels can be exceptionally expensive in the Summer, and $168 is quite a good deal - one that will look even better when the date comes closer.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
44,794 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need a suite for July 31 for 8 nights

For an eight night stay, it might be worth a phone call direct to the property to see if you can negotiate a better rates. Also consider the Embassy Suites on State St.

south western...
Level Contributor
994 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need a suite for July 31 for 8 nights

We just got back from the Hampton Inn and Suites downtown. Good location, safe area, very friendly hotel.

We had a suite with a separate bedroom with two double beds, a kitchen, and a living room with a sofa bed. It was a good size suite and very comfortable for 4 of us. We had an excellent rate, but I am sure the price will not be the same in July as it is in January.

Have you considered a private condo rental? Check out vrbo.com and some of the other private rental sites.

4. Re: need a suite for July 31 for 8 nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 20:17