We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harry Caray's, Riva, Wildfire

Dublin
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Harry Caray's, Riva, Wildfire

Hi Guys,

My company bringing us to a training course in Chicago next week, they've got the restaurants above lined up on a few of the nights. Harry Caray's and Riva's website's look OK, the last doesn't look great. Any thoughts?

Anyone have anything to say about Quartino (reviews on tripadvisor sound great, my kinda place)?

Lastly, any recommendation for good blues/jazz clubs for a group of 20/30 somethings?

Thanks for your advice, this will be my second time in the city, but the first that I have a chance to go and see the place a bit. Got Jerry Springer tickets too- can't wait!

PB

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
47,049 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harry Caray's, Riva, Wildfire

You can read restaurant reviews and do dining searches at yelp.com and chicagoreader.com.

Check the music listings at Chicagoreader.com. For jazz downtown - www.andysjazzclub.com

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
3,535 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harry Caray's, Riva, Wildfire

I'm not sure what it is that you don't like about Wildfire's website, I think the food is consistently good there, it's a medium priced steakhouse but they also have a variety of other things besides steaks.

Quartino is fine but if you look at yelp.com there are a lot of people complaining about the noise level. The last time I was there they stuck us next to the kitchen, haven't been back since. I like Osteria Via Stato across the street better for Italian but it's a different format, Quartino is small plates Italian and Osteria is a fixed price meal with different priced levels of wine flights (or I think you can now order off a menu as well).

chicago
Level Contributor
559 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Harry Caray's, Riva, Wildfire

Wildfire is quite popular.

I agree about Quartino's -- very noisy, crowded. Maybe just stop in for a drink @ the bar.

Swartz Creek
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harry Caray's, Riva, Wildfire

Harry Caray's is upscale, and its entertaining with the baseball memorabilia and atmosphere. Food was delicious and definately upscale. Loved Wildfire too.

5. Re: Harry Caray's, Riva, Wildfire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 06:21