We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Chicago Things To Do

lisbon
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Topic
Best Chicago Things To Do

What are some of the best things to do in Chicago...places to see. Top attractions?

Thanks.

1. Re: Best Chicago Things To Do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2008, 07:55
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Chicago Things To Do

Blues (or u-name-it music), Pizza (or u-name-it ethnic food/neighborhoods), Millenium Park, Navy Pier (I esp. love the bandstagearea), Lincoln Park Zoo and Conservatory, River/Architecture Tour by boat, Hancock Observatory (maybe a cocktail and snack along with the view), Shopping the Mag Mile ($) and State Street (Nordtroms Rack and Filene's), neighborhood street fests (see Metromix), Art Institute (free Thurs from 5-8) and a host of other great museums (museum campus area), Chicago Historical Society (free on Mondays), Zanies for comedy, sports events (Cubs game).

There, that should keep you busy for a day or two!

I forgot to mention ping pong at Streeters Pub. One of my fav stops since I was a student at Loyola a few thousand years ago!!

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Chicago Things To Do

There's some pretty good advice offered for free here on TA, when you use the left-side column tabs - titles such as "Things to Do" and in the "Chicago Overview" section. Your guestions isn't easily answered by people who don't know you and your likes/dislikes. Have a look at the suggestions in those tabbed areas and come back with some specific itinerary to refine it - that's my suggestion.

Culver City...
Level Contributor
702 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Chicago Things To Do

A walk or a bike ride along the lakefront.

A trip to Oak Park to see Frank Lloyd Wright's home and studio - also a walking tour of the neighborhood to see his architecture. While you're there, a visit to Hemingway's childhood home wouldn't be a bad idea.

Any kind of architecture tour, whether it be by boat (which I love), or a walking tour (also LOVE) is very worthwhile.

Twin Lakes...
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Chicago Things To Do

Don't miss the Art Institute. It's one of the best- in the world!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,132 posts
1,403 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Chicago Things To Do

my favourite thing to do in Chicago was dining through some of the best restaurants.....

7. Re: Best Chicago Things To Do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 05:27