We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best sushi in mag mile area?

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
857 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
best sushi in mag mile area?

Hi,

I'll be there memorial day weekend, staying at the marriott downtown mag mile..

Looking for some great sushi in walking distance or a short cab ride?

thanks!!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
140 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: best sushi in mag mile area?

Oysy is right around the corner from your hotel at Grand and Wabash. I consider it to be one of the better Sushi places out there without venturing into the $50 per person range.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
449 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best sushi in mag mile area?

If the price is an afterthought, I would try Heat at Sedgewick and North Aves., although it's been a year or so since I was last there. In any case, it's as fresh and inventive as you can find in Chicago, but it should be as it's not difficult to spend upwards of $75 per diner. I also favor Aria at the Fairmont Hotel, which is far and away some of the best dining to be had in Chicago, and great sushi in the bargain, but, again, not at bargain prices.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
2,414 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best sushi in mag mile area?

Heat is closed and is now a Korean b-b-que restaurant

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
42 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best sushi in mag mile area?

Sushi Wabi, South Coast, or Coast. Those r my pics. U will need a taxi, but believe me, those three are worth it. BTW...South Coast and Coast are BYOB...very helpful for shaving off cost off your bill.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
857 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best sushi in mag mile area?

Thanks everyone! Wow, $75/pp for sushi?!?! Big difference from here in NC! I'll research these places and see where we can get the biggest bang for our buck. We really weren't planning to spend that much on sushi, but if its worth it, then we could consider it!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best sushi in mag mile area?

Hi Pack!

There are plenty of sushi places that are very good and not in the 75$pp price range, or even near it.

There is a good one on the east side of State, a block or two north of Chicago ave. (great spicey tuna roll, about 8 dollars). Walking distance from your hotel. Sorry, I can't remember the name, but will post if I remember.

Do a search. Try MetroMix.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best sushi in mag mile area?

butterfly sushi is a great deal and is byob

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best sushi in mag mile area?

Coast is probably your best value when it comes to Sushi...but a couple things to beware of...it's Bring your Own Beer/Wine and the crowds are horrendous. Make sure you make reservations well in advance.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
857 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best sushi in mag mile area?

How about Kamehachi on Ontario St?

Chicago, Illinois...
Level Contributor
169 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best sushi in mag mile area?

kamahachi on wells street is wonderful. Upstairs is very romantic. I haven't been to the one on ontario.

We eat sushi once a week and we have tried a billion places in chicago. One of my favorites is Shiroi Hana on clark just north of belmont near wrigley field. They have all you can eat options for $20 or $25 depending on the time. Very good quality. In fact, we just got back from hawaai and we were comparing the quality of sushi there to shiroi hana's. On many sushi pieces, we actually preferred shiroi hana over hawaii. The place is always filled with asians too(a good sign of a good asian restaurant by the way). Typical tab for 2 is about $60 with a couple of large beers.

I also like butterfly sushi on grand avenue. It's asian fusion so you can get other things besides japanese. Crowded and loud but very good quality.