We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

go Chicago card - deeper discount?

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
185 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
go Chicago card - deeper discount?

hi,

i want to buy this 3 day card

http://www.gochicagocard.com/

is it worth for 3 days? can i get it somewhere else cheaper than this site?

thank you :)

Hide
Travellers interested in this topic also viewed...
Illinois City...
Level Contributor
5,650 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: go Chicago card - deeper discount?

It is very easy to figure whether it is worthwhile: see which of the sights it offers admission to and then find the admission prices of each of those sights. If the admission price you would have paid visiting each one of those places separately is greater than the price of the pass....well, then it's a good deal.

It is a fixed price - it's not available for cheaper elsewhere.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
44,793 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: go Chicago card - deeper discount?

You need to figure the math to see if it's worthwhile for you. Add up the admissions of the attractions you'll definitley have time to visit. Compare it to the cost of the card.

If you're a member of AAA, you can save some money on admissions.

Rensselaer, Indiana
Level Contributor
6,745 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: go Chicago card - deeper discount?

Please keep in mind that if you wanted to see any of the special exhibits (which are really the "stars of the show" at the various museums), they are rarely included.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
206 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: go Chicago card - deeper discount?

On all my trips I try to find out if a go card or something like it is availible for my destinations. I might have a few must sees in mind but these cards give me a few more options to fill my time. Some places I would never visit if I didn't have the card that includes the admissions.

I got a one day Go Chiago card for my trip on July 12th. It came with a guide book with almost 100 places to stop and save.

It's also very convienent. Just scan & go.

5. Re: go Chicago card - deeper discount?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 02:20