We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Trump or Omni

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
DeKalb, Illinois
Level Contributor
181 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
The Trump or Omni

Hello all--we go to Chicago about 6-10 times a year, but we have never stayed at a hotel in Chicago. We were looking at the Trump or Omni. Found some good prices on line. We have 2 adults and 2 teens. Any suggestions??? While we are there we want to go to North Ave beach, Navy Pier, shop and just hang out.

We will have our own vehicle. Thanx

Roll Tide
Level Contributor
494 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Trump or Omni

With all due respect, these hotels are in different leagues. If the prices are similar, I'd go with the Trump hands down. You can expect for the prices to go up up up when construction is complete, with the cheapest rooms fetching 500-600/night, so now is a great time to go experience the Trump. Not to mention all the great perks the Trump offers (can you say custum-stocked Sub-Zero fridge based on your preferences?). The Trump is a true 5 star hotel with the services and amenities to back it up. The Omni is a great hotel as well, but based on what I have seen, does not compare. You can find the Omni on hotwire now and then for 100-150/night. Not to sound too much like a commercial (And no, I do not have a vested interest in this hotel) but I don't really think it is even a fair comparison.

Roll Tide
Level Contributor
494 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Trump or Omni

Also, do you know your exact dates as there are some pretty great deals on Travelzoo right now, some that include suites that will accomodate a family of 4.

DeKalb, Illinois
Level Contributor
181 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Trump or Omni

we got a deal of 290 a nite july 15-19 at Trump towers and 270 a nite august 16-20. I really want to stay at the Trump for these prices. The only thing is you have to book for at least 4 nites and we really only wanted to do 2 or 3 nites.

We have no problem with going 4 nites but i dont want everyone to start getting bored. But for this price i dont think i want to pass it up. The Omni looks good but nothing compared to what the Trump looks like and what it has to offer.

Roll Tide
Level Contributor
494 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Trump or Omni

Well what about this:

hotels.com

Search for the dates July 19th-22nd (3 nights)

Rate should be 293/night for 3 nights.

This could work if your dates are flexible...

Roll Tide
Level Contributor
494 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Trump or Omni

Same deal on Expedia, plus get a 50$ gas card if you book with a MC.

Also, you can try to use coupon code WB06 for $10 off per night on Expedia in addition.

I did not see an option to input coupon codes but you may be able to call them to find out. I'm not even sure that coupon is still valid but it is worth a shot...

Roll Tide
Level Contributor
494 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Trump or Omni

Gosh, I really should wait a few minutes before posting so I can quit spamming your inbox!

I found the coupon code input and the coupon is still valid, so an additional 30$ off for you.

DeKalb, Illinois
Level Contributor
181 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Trump or Omni

thank you so much for all your help. i am definitely going to book the Trump. Thanx again for your help.

8. Re: The Trump or Omni

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 05:30