We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Suggestions please.....?

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hoboken
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Suggestions please.....?

Hi! My boyfriend & I are planning a trip in Oct to Chicago. We will only be there for 3 nights.

I am looking for hotel suggestions. My only requirements are: Clean, near tourist attractions & not too $$$$ ( under 300 a night).

If anyone can help me out that would be great.

Also any suggestions of Must Do's would help as well.

All we have planned so far is the Bears game on Sunday.

Thanks

Boston
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Suggestions please.....?

It really depends on your personal interests for you would like to do.

Are you looking to do some of the typical touristy stuff?

the Sears tower sky deck has some amazing views of the city.

www.theskydeck.com

Here is a link to a few hotels that might fit your budget.

http://en.venere.com/hotels_chicago/

Have fun on your trip!

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45,996 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Suggestions please.....?

"Must Do's" are different for everyone. Take a look at www.metromix.com to see what's going on here during your visit.

Keep an eye on this page for hotel deals here - http://hotels.travelzoo.com/chicago-hotels/

It's a little too early to see deals for Ocotber. Also, it's a busy month because of the Chicago Marathon plus some conventions. Deals might be hard to find. What are your specific dates?

Hoboken
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Suggestions please.....?

We are going Oct 17th - Oct 20th.

I think I am mostly confused at what area to stay in.

I checked Orbitz & got cheap rates for The WILLOWS & Majestic both under $200 a night. But are these off the beaten path?

I also can get friends/family at the Renaissance Chicago Hotel for $249 per night. Is this hotel worth it?The location seems great.

We are just interested in trying to absorb as much of Chicago as we can in one weekend.

pgo
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
7,193 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Suggestions please.....?

The Renaissance is very nice and has a fantastic location; you can walk to many restaurants, shops, the Art Institute, etc. If that;s what you want, take the Renaissance.

The Willows and Majestic are in great neighborhoods, but it would be about a half hour on public transportation to get to the major tourist sites.

Hoboken
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Suggestions please.....?

Would you pick Renaissance over Homewood Suites?

Roll Tide
Level Contributor
491 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Suggestions please.....?

if it were me I'd hold off on booking anything non-refundable for the time being. You've got plenty of time between now and then for a deal to pop up.

Although, I am seeing a few things right now that you may be able to book and cancel later if something else comes along.

the James @ 229/night

Embassy Suites @ 239/night

Hotel Burnham @ 279/night

Hotel Monaco @ 309/night

Millenium Knickerbocker @ 249/night

Affinia @ 248/night

All of the above were found on kayak.com

7. Re: Hotel Suggestions please.....?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2008, 23:20
Saint Peters
Level Contributor
496 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Suggestions please.....?

I think you could get a much better value for the money going through either Hotwire or Priceline. If you are leary of purchasing prior to knowing name of hotel then you can use www.betterbidding.com to assist. For example, we went through Priceline recently to book the Doubletree Magnificent Mile (3 star in great location) for $110/night.

Plymouth, Michigan
Level Contributor
292 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Suggestions please.....?

I also think that you should hold off booking anything non-refundable for now. You'll see more deals as it gets closer. I think that you will enjoy the whole Chicago exprience more if you stay in the downtown area so you can get out and walk and not need public transportation, (until your feet hurt and you get a cab ride back). I have stayed at the Renaissance and it is very nice. I actually prefer to stay north of there. The Residence Inn is not as nice of a hotel, but I like that location better. Check on some of the other Marriot brand hotels for friends and family. One of my favortie places to stay is the Westin on Michigan Ave. They sometimes offer great specials, just need to watch for them. The Tremont on Chestnut is an older hotel, but the rooms have just recently been redone and it is very nice, it adjoins Mike Ditka's. All of these are a short walk to Rush street and are on or a block off Michigan Ave.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
142 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Suggestions please.....?

hi there,

we just got back from a 3 night weekend in chicago. we loved our hotel--courtyard by marriott mag mile. it was clean, modern, close to everything we needed...restaurants, corner bakery for bfast, millenium park/art institute, lakeshore, river cruise. area was always lively. we took short cab rides to old town ($11 with tip). buses were also plentiful but we just walked everywhere and went back to hotel to nap. our rate was $129/night. i waited till less than a month before b/c i heard the hotels were anxious for business. and sure enough many of them were offering this rate or lower downtown. check travelzoo. we went with the slightly higher rate b/c of free internet connection, location and recs here.

my must do recs--second city show, blue chicago (jazz at the newer location) and the CAF river cruise. enjoy!