We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Union Station to Swissotel?

MI
Level Contributor
115 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Union Station to Swissotel?

Can someone offer me the easiest/cheapest mode of transportation from Union Station to Swissotel. I will heading there at the end of August.

Thanks

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
2,391 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Union Station to Swissotel?

Cheapest would be walking. It's about 1.25 miles. Head up Adams or Jackson across the river and turn left on Wacker Drive. Follow Wacker to the hotel.

You can catch the Number 151 bus on Canal outside Union Station. It will take you to Michigan Ave and Wacker. From there, walk 3 blocks east. The fare is $2 unless you buy an all-day pass. Passes are available from the vending machine near the Metra ticket windows in the station.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Union Station to Swissotel?

I'm recalling that the #157 "Streeterville" bus can be found on the West side of Union Station and that it will let you out at the corner of Michigan Ave. and Wacker Dr., and you can then walk 2 blocks to your hotel.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
2,391 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Union Station to Swissotel?

I always forget about the 157 bus, gomexico, but it only runs weekdays. Another option could also be the Number 124 (Navy Pier) bus. It runs 7-days and you catch it on Canal Street. Exit at lower Columbus Drive and Wacker and walk upstairs. The Swissotel is about a half-block.

The only drawback is that the bus is often crowded so it may be difficult to board if you have lots of luggage.

Detroit, Michigan
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Union Station to Swissotel?

The cheapest way would be the free trolley, but you would have to walk from Michigan ave. If you have luggage, forget it. The trolley gets too crowded.

We did this recently and took a cab since we had luggage. You can also take the water taxi.

Good luck. We stayed at the Swissotel and had a great experience.

Jeff

Vadnais Heights...
Level Contributor
136 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Union Station to Swissotel?

jeffandjulie-how do you catch the water taxi from Union Station and does it let you off very close to the Swissotel? We're coming by train & staying there at the end of July. The water taxi would be a great way to get around!

6. Re: Union Station to Swissotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 21:20